PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD), the global leader in digital operations management, today announced the agenda for PagerDuty Summit19, its fourth annual customer event. Taking place at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco from Sept. 23-25, Summit19 will focus on “The Road to Real Time” and feature sessions from DevOps and IT leaders on how to achieve success in managing digital operations in an always-on world.
Summit19 is designed for teams in DevOps and ITOps, as well as companies going through digital transformation. Attendees will hear from world-class keynote speakers, learn about new PagerDuty products and capabilities and discover best practices from global technology leaders. Agenda highlights include:
- An opening keynote from PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada, with Jeff Lawson, CEO of Twilio and Eric Yuan, CEO of Zoom, on the importance of real-time operations to meet customer expectations
- A product keynote from PagerDuty’s product management leaders showcasing the latest innovations from PagerDuty that help teams orchestrate actions in real time
- A keynote on the power of PagerDuty’s ecosystem, featuring Luke Behnke, Vice President of Product at Zendesk, and Jesse Dougherty, GM of Application Integration at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- A conversation with Shobhana Ahluwalia, Head of IT Engineering at Uber, and Cynthia Stoddard, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Adobe, on the challenges and opportunities that come with being a technology leader in today’s digital world
- A presentation by Ali Rayl, Vice President of Customer Experience at Slack, discussing the importance of working where you are and providing noise-free context to responders in Slack and PagerDuty
- A panel discussion including Jason Riggins, Senior Director of Production Engineering at Cox Automotive, Aaron Gurley Software Engineering Manager at Garmin International, and Andrew Luria, Director of Critical Incident Response Team at ADP, on the business impact of HybridOps
- A discussion with PagerDuty’s social impact partners, led by Olivia Khalili, Vice President of Global Social Impact at PagerDuty, and joined by Jan Eissfeldt, Lead Manager of Trust and Safety at the Wikimedia Foundation, and Stephen Neil, Infrastructure Lead at Mary’s Meals International
Summit19 will also feature four different tracks highlighting insights from knowledgeable subject matter experts on how to optimize tools, people and processes for a real-time operations journey. Tracks include:
- Business Value, featuring speakers from Cisco, Flatiron Health, TechnologyOne, Cox Automotive, Garmin International, ADP, One Degree, Polaris, Code for America, TD Bank, IBM, Cloudability and Centro
- Ecosystem, featuring speakers from Sumo Logic, StackRox, Contrast Security, Slack, Zendesk, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
- Innovation, featuring speakers from IG, Sky Betting and Gaming, Salesforce, Willis Towers Watson and Merrill Corporation
- Best Practices, featuring speakers from Google, Microsoft, LaunchDarkly, Honeycomb.io and Gremlin
Additionally, PagerDuty University will offer a series of full-day master classes on Sept. 23 that take a deep dive into PagerDuty’s latest product innovations. Designed to support the PagerDuty community, these classes offer hands-on training, expert technical instruction and strategic best practices for managing and building an optimal digital operations management team.
Attendees will also have an opportunity to give back to the community during the event. In partnership with Code Tenderloin, PagerDuty.org invites attendees to build hygiene kits for homeless members of the Code Tenderloin community and interview kits to help their code camp graduates find jobs and transition back to employment.
Summit19 sponsors include Google, AWS, Sumo Logic, Zendesk, New Relic, Cherwell, Wavefront By VMware, Cloudability, Datadog and more.
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a perfect digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers including GE, Vodafone, Box and American Eagle Outfitters. To learn more and try PagerDuty for free, visit www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.