Arcosa, Inc. (NYSE: ACA) (“Arcosa,” the “Company,” “We,” or “Our”), a provider of infrastructure-related products and solutions, today released its 2020 Sustainability Report.
Arcosa is committed to integrating Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”) responsibility into our daily practices and long-term strategies. In support of that commitment, we have released our 2020 Sustainability Report, which can be found at www.arcosa.com/sustainability. The report highlights the foundational elements of the sustainability program at Arcosa, including people-focused programs and initiatives; environmental metrics, disclosures, and conservation initiatives; and the products that align us with a more sustainable future.
Antonio Carrillo, President and Chief Executive Officer, notes, “2020 was a year in which businesses were faced with challenges that were more complex than traditional business problems. These complexities represent a clear sign that for a business to be successful in the future, it will have to address ESG aspects in a more deliberate manner.”
Carrillo continued, “I am pleased to share with you Arcosa’s 2020 Sustainability Report, highlighting the strides we have taken to advance our ESG program. At the same time, we recognize this is a long journey and we are just getting started. At Arcosa, our goal is to integrate sustainability into our daily practices as well as our long-term strategy.”
Highlights from our annual report include:
- Safety: With safety as our highest priority, Arcosa team members achieved a 56% reduction in our Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) in 2020. Our ARC 100 safety initiative continues to strengthen our safety culture, and we are committed to an evolving system in which all employees contribute to continuous safety improvements.
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”): We have aligned our climate-related disclosures with the recommendations of the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (“SASB”) metric disclosure: We include new disclosures for several key SASB metrics, including safety, diversity, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and water consumption.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions (“GHG Emissions”): In 2020, we reduced our GHG Emissions Intensity by 12%, including Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions (MTC02e/$ Million Revenues).
- Water Management: In 2020, we reduced our municipal water intensity by 16% (kGal/$ Million Revenues).
- Recycled Aggregates Growth: Through our Cherry Industries and Strata Materials acquisitions, we became a leading supplier of Recycled Aggregates, which play a key role in sustainable construction. Our businesses recycle over 4 million tons of concrete annually.
- Community Impact: We include stories highlighting a sample of the exceptional ways our businesses supported their local communities during 2020.
- Compensation: We introduced an ESG component to our short-term incentive awards for 2020, where progress on ESG is incorporated into our Named Executive Officer and other key employees’ compensation.
Arcosa, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a provider of infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving construction, engineered structures, and transportation markets. Arcosa reports its financial results in three principal business segments: the Construction Products Group, the Engineered Structures Group, and the Transportation Products Group. For more information, visit www.arcosa.com.