Cohesity today announced the general availability of DataProtect delivered as a Service to Canadian customers. Hosted in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Canada (Central) Region, this Backup as a Service (BaaS) offering empowers Canadian customers to focus on managing their data while Cohesity takes care of the underlying infrastructure hosted on AWS.
Thousands of customers globally already rely on Cohesity DataProtect to back up their data on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Now, they have even more choice of how to consume the value Cohesity provides with this SaaS option. Additionally, Canadian customers can have peace of mind knowing that data managed through this service will remain in Canada. Keeping data in-country enables faster local access while adhering to local laws and regulations such as the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
“We are thrilled about this new offering because it gives Canadian customers another way to consume the exceptional capabilities of our DataProtect backup solution — only this time in a SaaS model that’s fully managed by Cohesity,” said Robert Yelenich, Canada vice president and GM, Cohesity. “We’ve also addressed data residency head-on with this announcement. Not only does the expansion of our SaaS offering to this new region help customers, but also our partners in Canada who can add their unique value and resell the solution through our distribution channels or via the AWS Marketplace.”
DataProtect delivered as a Service is the first offering from Cohesity’s comprehensive Data Management as a Service (DMaaS) umbrella. DMaaS is a portfolio of offerings designed to provide enterprise and mid-size customers with a radically simple way to back up, secure, govern, and analyze their data, all managed directly by Cohesity and hosted on AWS—Cohesity’s preferred cloud provider for DMaaS. Canadian businesses will have access to other SaaS offerings within the DMaaS portfolio in the coming quarters.
“Making data management services available on local soil speaks volumes to Cohesity’s commitment to protecting and securing data for Canadian customers,” said François Lepage, cybersecurity and infrastructure manager, The Master Group. “DataProtect delivered as a Service allows us to rapidly activate backup in the cloud while allowing us to integrate with our Cohesity software utilized on-premises giving us global visibility into our hybrid cloud data.”
“The DMaaS solution from Cohesity really aligns with our enterprise cloud strategy, accelerating our build-out of data management offerings in the public cloud,” said Kent MacDonald, senior vice president of strategic alliances, Long View Systems. “It’s great to see Cohesity thinking about their go-to-market partners straight out of the gate. We are excited to be part of this initiative and expanding our offering to include turnkey data management and protection in the Cloud.”
With Cohesity DataProtect delivered as a service, customers can:
- Reduce complexity with Backup as a Service that is built for the hybrid cloud, freeing up cycles to focus on other critical tasks.
- Reduce backup setup to minutes by automatically discovering workloads once a secure connection is established and applying either preset or custom policies to begin protection.
- Support multiple workloads including VMware workloads and NAS (file data) today, Microsoft 365 and enterprise databases in the coming months, and many more in the quarters ahead — all supported through a single unified experience.
- Ensure efficient use of available bandwidth, accelerating backups to the cloud and data recovery from the cloud by only transmitting data blocks that have been changed.
“Canadian customers are adopting cloud at an accelerated pace and bringing Data Management as a Service offerings to the region will help them simplify their data infrastructure and hybrid cloud initiatives,” said Cheryl Stookes, head of channel sales, AWS Canada. “We’re excited to continue to execute on the strategic collaboration we announced with Cohesity in October as both companies are focused on helping Canadian businesses reduce costs, increase agility, innovate faster, and do more with data.”
For More Information:
- Learn more about Cohesity DataProtect delivered as a Service.
- Register for the webcast on April 8th “Analyst Insight: Data Management as a Service – A Cohesity and AWS Collaboration” and hear more about IDC’s insights on data management trends, as well as additional details on DMaaS from Cohesity and AWS experts.
- Check out the Cohesity DataProtect solution brief.
- Download the Gartner Magic Quadrant report for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions.
Cohesity radically simplifies data management. We make it easy to protect, manage, and derive value from data — across the data center, edge, and cloud. We offer a full suite of services consolidated on one multicloud data platform: backup and recovery, disaster recovery, file and object services, dev/test, and data compliance, security, and analytics — reducing complexity and eliminating mass data fragmentation. Cohesity can be delivered as a service, self-managed, or provided by a Cohesity-powered partner.
© 2021 Cohesity, Inc. All rights reserved. Cohesity, the Cohesity logo, Helios, and other Cohesity marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cohesity, Inc. in the US and/or internationally. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.