Cohesity today announced that Gartner, Inc. has named the company a Visionary in Gartner’s 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions1. Gartner evaluated Cohesity among 12 total vendors in the report. Three vendors are recognized as a Visionary.
Cohesity’s vision is to empower customers around the world to do much more with backup data by solving the critical challenge of mass data fragmentation. With mass data fragmentation, massive volumes of enterprise data are spread across a myriad of locations, infrastructure silos, and management systems. The data is hard to protect, difficult to manage, and impossible to derive insights from long-term. Cohesity consolidates these silos onto one easy-to-manage platform, making it simple to back up data on-premises, in the cloud, and at the edge, as well as to bring applications directly to the data, which makes the data much more productive.
According to Gartner, “The data center backup and recovery solutions Magic Quadrant focuses on vendors that deliver backup and recovery solutions to protect enterprise data center workloads.” Gartner also stated in the report that “The data center backup and recovery market is rapidly changing as it addresses I&O leaders’ needs for simpler, more agile and cost-optimized solutions.”
“Cohesity set out to rethink backup from the ground up. We believe Gartner has recognized Cohesity for its completeness of vision because our approach to modern data management is truly unique and stands out in the industry,” said Mohit Aron, founder and CEO, Cohesity. “With Cohesity, our customers are empowered to easily backup their data, consolidate fragmented silos, decrease data copies, increase compliance readiness, and utilize applications to maximize the value of their data — all from one platform, using one user interface.”
Cohesity also has a 4.7 out of 5 overall rating in the Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions on Gartner Peer Insights, based on 276 ratings, as of 11 October 2019. The company was also named a February 2018 and November 2018 Gartner Peer Insights Customer’s Choice.
Cohesity continues to build out its vision and has announced several key innovations this year:
- The unique ability to make backup data even more productive by running applications from Cohesity and third parties directly on the Cohesity DataPlatform through Cohesity MarketPlace.
New security offerings:
- The Cohesity CyberScan application leverages backup data to discover and assess the vulnerabilities, or the security risk posture of an enterprise’s IT environment.
- The Cohesity Anti-Ransomware Solution offers a complete set of defense capabilities that protect, detect, and respond to ransomware attacks.
- Comprehensive backup, recovery, and data management for both traditional and modern workloads – including NoSQL, Hadoop, software as a service (SaaS), and containers – all on one web-scale platform.
- Enterprise-grade backup and recovery as a service for applications running on Google Cloud.
- A new application, Cohesity Runbook, that automates the process of moving workloads between on-premises data centers and the public cloud – a critical need as more organizations rely on the cloud for everything from dev/test to security to disaster recovery.
- The ability to accelerate application development by providing dev/test teams with a self-service provisioning model that gives them rapid access to backup data when they need it through the Cohesity Agile Dev and Test solution.
What Customers Are Saying:
“Cohesity has reduced backup and restore times so significantly that at first it almost wasn’t believable compared to our previous environment. We now exceed the backup SLAs for Epic, have more than 50 times data reduction, and gained time savings of 70 percent for backup and restore. We are confident Cohesity will scale to meet future requirements and keep up with exponential data growth at Riverside Healthcare.”
–Troy Cailteux, system administrator, Riverside Healthcare
“For us, Cohesity’s ease of deployment, its operational simplicity, and its professional support were the deciding factors.”
–Andreas Kühne, lead global IT infrastructure services, Sensirion AG
“We have seen great results with Cohesity. We now have a team of people that can back up and restore our environment. There are massive advantages in having a product that’s straightforward and simple enough that any one of the team can do it, as well as introducing a good bit of risk mitigation.”
–Michael Lawrence, IT operations manager, Vita Group
To access the full Gartner report, please visit here.
1 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions” by Santhosh Rao, Chandra Mukhyala, and Nik Simpson; October 10, 2019.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Cohesity ushers in a new era in data management that solves a critical challenge facing businesses today: mass data fragmentation. The vast majority of enterprise data — backups, archives, file shares, object stores, and data used for test/dev and analytics — sits in fragmented infrastructure silos that makes it hard to protect, expensive to manage, and difficult to analyze. Cohesity consolidates silos onto one web-scale platform, spanning on-premises, cloud, and the edge, and uniquely empowers organizations to run apps on that platform — making it easier than ever to back up and extract insights from data. Cohesity is a 2019 CNBC Disruptor and was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. Visit our website and blog, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn and like us on Facebook.