Comcast Corporation today announced the preliminary results of its 2020 Annual Meeting of Shareholders held this morning. Final voting results will be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on a Form 8-K within four business days.
- Election of Directors: Shareholders elected all nominees to Comcast’s Board of Directors for one-year terms. Comcast’s Board has 10 directors, nine of whom are independent, and is 50 percent diverse by race or gender.
- Ratification of the Appointment of our Independent Auditors: Shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP to serve as independent auditors for the year ending December 31, 2020.
- Approval of Amended and Restated 2003 Stock Option Plan: Shareholders voted in favor of this proposal.
- Approval of Amended and Restated 2002 Restricted Stock Plan: Shareholders voted in favor of this proposal.
- Advisory Vote on Executive Compensation: Shareholders voted in favor of this proposal.
- To Prepare an Annual Report on Lobbying Activity: Shareholders voted against this proposal.
- To Require That The Board Chair Be Independent: This proposal was not presented by the shareholder proponent or his representative; therefore, the proposal was not acted upon at the meeting.
- To Conduct Independent Investigation and Report on Risks Posed by Failing to Prevent Sexual Harassment: Shareholders voted against this proposal.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, and Sky. Comcast Cable is one of the United States’ largest high-speed internet, video, and phone providers to residential customers under the Xfinity brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the Xfinity brand. NBCUniversal is global and operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks and Resorts. Sky is one of Europe’s leading media and entertainment companies, connecting customers to a broad range of video content through its pay television services. It also provides communications services, including residential high-speed internet, phone, and wireless services. Sky operates the Sky News broadcast network and sports and entertainment networks, produces original content, and has exclusive content rights. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.