Technavio has been monitoring the lithium-ion battery market and it is poised to grow by USD 47.81 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of over 16% during the forecast period. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment. Download a Free Sample Report on COVID-19
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201029005180/en/
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Lithium-Ion Battery Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire)
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to transform the growth of various industries. However, the immediate impact of the outbreak is varied. While a few industries will register a drop in demand, numerous others will continue to remain unscathed and show promising growth opportunities. COVID-19 will have a low impact on the lithium-ion battery market. The market growth in 2020 is likely to increase compared to the market growth in 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- Based on segmentation by application, which is the leading segment in the market?
- The consumer electronics are expected to be the leading segment based on application in the global market during the forecast period.
- What are the major trends in the market?
- Decline in lithium-ion battery price is one of the major trends in the market.
- At what rate is the market projected to grow?
- Growing at a CAGR of over 16%, the incremental growth of the market is anticipated to be USD 47.81 billion.
- Who are the top players in the market?
- A123 Systems LLC, Amperex Technology Ltd., BYD Co. Ltd., Dalian CBAK Power Battery Co. Ltd., Envision Energy USA Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., LG Chem Ltd., Panasonic Corp., Samsung SDI Co. Ltd., and Toshiba International Corp. are some of the major market participants.
- What are the key market drivers and challenges?
- Increased shipments of smart wearables is one of the major factors driving the market. However, the growing popularity of fuel cell solutions restraints the market growth.
- How big is the APAC market?
- The APAC region will contribute 48% of market growth.
Buy 1 Technavio report and get the second for 50% off. Buy 2 Technavio reports and get the third for free.
The market is fragmented, and the degree of fragmentation will accelerate during the forecast period. A123 Systems LLC, Amperex Technology Ltd., BYD Co. Ltd., Dalian CBAK Power Battery Co. Ltd., Envision Energy USA Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., LG Chem Ltd., Panasonic Corp., Samsung SDI Co. Ltd., and Toshiba International Corp. are some of the major market participants. The increased shipments of smart wearables will offer immense growth opportunities. In a bid to help players strengthen their market foothold, this lithium-ion battery market forecast report provides a detailed analysis of the leading market vendors. The report also empowers industry honchos with information on the competitive landscape and insights into the different product offerings offered by various companies.
Technavio’s custom research reports offer detailed insights on the impact of COVID-19 at an industry level, a regional level, and subsequent supply chain operations. This customized report will also help clients keep up with new product launches in direct & indirect COVID-19 related markets, upcoming vaccines and pipeline analysis, and significant developments in vendor operations and government regulations.
Lithium-Ion Battery Market 2020-2024: Segmentation
Lithium-Ion Battery Market is segmented as below:
- Consumer Electronics
- North America
- South America
To learn more about the global trends impacting the future of market research, download a free sample: https://www.technavio.com/talk-to-us?report=IRTNTR41001
Lithium-Ion Battery Market 2020-2024: Scope
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by the way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The lithium-ion battery market report covers the following areas:
- Lithium-Ion Battery Market Size
- Lithium-Ion Battery Market Trends
- Lithium-Ion Battery Market Analysis
This study identifies a decline in lithium-ion battery price as one of the prime reasons driving the lithium-ion battery market growth during the next few years.
Technavio suggests three forecast scenarios (optimistic, probable, and pessimistic) considering the impact of COVID-19. Technavio’s in-depth research has direct and indirect COVID-19 impacted market research reports.
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports.
Lithium-Ion Battery Market 2020-2024: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will assist lithium-ion battery market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the lithium-ion battery market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the lithium-ion battery market
- Analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of lithium-ion battery market vendors
Table of Contents:
- Market Overview
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2019
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2019 – 2024
Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Application
- Market segments
- Comparison by Application placement
- Consumer Electronics – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Utilities – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Automotive – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Others – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Application
Market Segmentation by Type
- Market segments
- Comparison by Type placement
- Secondary – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Primary – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Type
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- APAC – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Europe – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- North America – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- MEA – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- South America – Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- Market drivers
- Volume driver – Demand led growth
- Volume driver – Supply led growth
- Volume driver – External factors
- Volume driver – Demand shift in adjacent markets
- Price driver – Inflation
- Price driver – Shift from lower to higher-priced units
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Landscape disruption
- Vendor Analysis
- Market positioning of vendors
- A123 Systems LLC
- Amperex Technology Ltd.
- BYD Co. Ltd.
- Dalian CBAK Power Battery Co. Ltd.
- Envision Energy USA Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.
- Toshiba International Corp.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.