Ryan, a leading global tax services and software provider, was recently named as one of Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago for the third consecutive year. This distinguished list recognizes dynamic work cultures that excel in one of the largest metropolitan economies in the United States.
In partnership with Best Companies Group, Crain’s surveyed thousands of employees on the types of working conditions, benefits, and corporate culture that make a company a great place to work. The awards program is designed to identify, recognize, and honor the 100 best companies to work for in the Chicago area.
“We greatly appreciate the candid feedback our Chicago team members provided on our dynamic culture,” said Ginny B. Kissling, Ryan’s Global President and Chief Operating Officer. “Our Firm remains dedicated to continuous enhancement of our industry-leading work environment that attracts and retains talented professionals around the world. I am proud of our Chicago team’s ongoing commitment to the Firm and to delivering outstanding results for our clients.”
Determining the Best Places to Work in Chicago involved a two-step process. The first step consisted of evaluating each participating company’s workplace policies, practices, and demographics, which was worth 25% of the overall score. The second part of the evaluation process, which accounted for the remaining 75% of the final score, consisted of employee surveys aimed at assessing the experiences and attitudes of individual employees with respect to their workplace. The combined scores determined the best companies and the final rankings.
The full list of rankings for the Best Places to Work in Chicago, including a breakdown of rankings based on company size, was announced at a virtual event on April 9. The rankings of the 100 top employers appears in the April 12 issue of Crain’s and online here.
About Crain’s Chicago Business
Crain’s Chicago Business is the top source of news, analysis, and information on business in metropolitan Chicago for decision-makers in the private and public sectors. Crain’s publishes a weekly business magazine, providing deeper analysis, commentary, special reports, and features. Crain’s also produces databases, live events, and sponsored content, all with the aim of deepening readers’ understanding of local business. Crain’s Chicago Business is the leading source of information on Chicago’s economy, the companies, industries, and institutions that operate here and the entrepreneurs and innovators who drive the city’s growth.
Ryan, an award-winning global tax services and software provider, is the largest Firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. With global headquarters in Dallas, Texas, the Firm provides an integrated suite of federal, state, local, and international tax services on a multijurisdictional basis, including tax recovery, consulting, advocacy, compliance, and technology services. Ryan is a nine-time recipient of the International Service Excellence Award from the Customer Service Institute of America (CSIA) for its commitment to world-class client service. Empowered by the dynamic myRyan work environment, which is widely recognized as the most innovative in the tax services industry, Ryan’s multidisciplinary team of more than 3,000 professionals and associates serves over 18,000 clients in more than 60 countries, including many of the world’s most prominent Global 5000 companies. More information about Ryan can be found at ryan.com. “Ryan” and “Firm” refer to the global organizational network and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ryan International, each of which is a separate legal entity.