CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) announced that its Ascendon Media and Entertainment software-as-a-service (SaaS), cloud-based solution is powering AMC Theatres’ new digital movie service, AMC Theatres On Demand, supporting the overall customer experience for its users. AMC Theatres® (NYSE:AMC) recently announced the new service, which gives members of its AMC Stubs loyalty program the ability to rent or buy digitally-released movies and watch them anytime at home or on-the-go.
Through AMC Theatres On Demand, members have access to more than 2,000 titles from leading Hollywood studios. AMC will leverage Ascendon to:
- Manage and deliver content to consumers based on their preferred format and platform.
- Support dynamic pricing models and promotional capabilities to power purchasing and rental models and to drive onboarding campaigns for new members.
- Provide real-time transactional information and member statistics using Ascendon’s Invision tool to empower AMC monitoring and decision making.
- Enforce digital rights (or management) compliance with studio partner requirements using Ascendon digital rights management and policy frameworks.
- Deploy Ascendon native applications to support large screen viewing experiences on Smart TV platforms.
- Integrate Ascendon web services and software development kits (SDKs) into existing AMC mobile and website experiences to enable member purchasing, streaming and downloading of digital content.
“AMC’s new on-demand service is a prime example of the company’s industry leadership and innovation, extending their exceptional movie-going experience beyond the theatre to its thousands of loyal members,” said Brian Shepherd, executive vice president and group president, CSG. “With our Ascendon platform, we look forward to supporting AMC’s rapid business growth and help them deliver the right content to the right member at the right time.”
Ascendon is part of CSG’s suite of end-to-end revenue and customer management solutions. CSG supports over 500 companies around the world, providing them with flexible and configurable solutions that help them monetize and digitally enable their customer experiences. CSG offers an innovative and evolutionary approach to digital business transformation, helping clients launch digital services quickly, while maintaining their traditional business and delivering an outstanding experience for their customers. CSG’s ability to execute revenue management, digital services monetization and customer experience solutions for its customers has resulted in the company being named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated Revenue and Customer Management for CSPs.
For more than 35 years, CSG has simplified the complexity of business, delivering innovative customer engagement solutions that help companies acquire, monetize, engage and retain customers. Operating across more than 120 countries worldwide, CSG manages billions of critical customer interactions annually, and its award-winning suite of software and services allow companies across dozens of industries to tackle their biggest business challenges and thrive in an ever-changing marketplace. CSG is the trusted partner for driving digital innovation for hundreds of leading global brands, including AT&T, Charter Communications, Comcast, DISH, Eastlink, Formula One, iflix, MTN and Telstra. To learn more, visit our website at csgi.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.