CyberArk (NASDAQ: CYBR), the global leader in privileged access management, today unveiled new just-in-time access capabilities that help reduce risk and improve operational efficiency as organizations implement broader least privilege strategies. By extending just-in-time support with the ability to remove unnecessary standing access to Linux systems, CyberArk remains the only privileged access management vendor to provide comprehensive just-in-time offerings across cloud and hybrid environments and on the endpoint.
Some privileged accounts are granted standing, “always on” access despite only requiring access for brief periods of time – increasing the attack surface. This is particularly true in the case of SSH keys, which are often mismanaged and easily compromised. New CyberArk capabilities feature short-lived SSH certificate authentication to secure access to existing or newly created instances in Linux systems without the need to manually manage accounts and credentials.
With today’s announcement, CyberArk continues to deliver the broadest set of just-in-time use cases to enable least privilege including:
- Temporary Elevation: With recent just-in-time elevation and access features in CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager, organizations can grant temporary local admin access to Windows and Macs workstations as well as Unix and Linux servers on a per-request basis for a fixed length of time.
- Ephemeral Accounts: Provide temporary access to Unix and Linux systems based on Microsoft Active Directory Permissions and create a short-lived ephemeral account to establish a one-time session for authorized users. CyberArk also integrates with AWS Security Token Service to request temporary, limited-privileged credentials for AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) users.
- Broker and Remove Access – In addition to the new CyberArk Just-in-Time Access with SSH Certificate Authentication delivered via CyberArk Core Privileged Access Security or CyberArk Privilege Cloud, the company’s privileged access management as a service offering, CyberArk Alero also provides just-in-time access to third party remote users. Through integrations with popular IT Service Management solutions, CyberArk can grant temporary elevated access after ensuring the user has a valid open ticket or has received manual confirmation from authorized managers.
“Just-in-time is a function of an overall privileged access management program that reinforces least privilege principles. When coupled with other foundational elements, it becomes a key part of an evolving strategy for protecting privileged access,” said Nir Gertner, chief security strategist, CyberArk. “By delivering the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of just-in-time capabilities, CyberArk helps organizations reduce standing privileged access risk, simplify operations and strengthen their overall security posture across hybrid IT environments.”
CyberArk allows organizations to grant access only when needed and for no longer than required – regardless of user type, target system or environment. In addition, sessions are automatically isolated, recorded and monitored in real time in order to help prevent misuse or lateral movement – whether that access is provided via just-in-time or not. To learn more, visit https://www.cyberark.com/solutions/just-in-time/
- Solution Brief: Reduce Risk with CyberArk Just-in-Time Privileged Access Management
- Video: CyberArk Just-in-Time Privileged Access Whiteboard Video
- Blog: CyberArk Launches New Just-in-Time Capabilities and More in v11.2
- Gartner Research: Remove Standing Privileges Through a Just-in-Time PAM Approach1
- Gartner Research: Best Practices for Privileged Access Management Through the Four Pillars of PAM2
1 – Gartner, Remove Standing Privileges Through a Just-in-Time PAM Approach, Analyst(s): Michael Kelley, Felix Gaehtgens, Abhyuday Data, 6 September 2019
2 – Gartner, Best Practices for Privileged Access Management Through the Four Pillars of PAM, Michael Kelley, Felix Gaehtgens 28 January 2019
CyberArk (NASDAQ: CYBR) is the global leader in privileged access management, a critical layer of IT security to protect data, infrastructure and assets across cloud and hybrid environments and throughout the DevOps pipeline. CyberArk delivers the industry’s most complete solution to reduce risk created by privileged credentials and secrets. The company is trusted by the world’s leading organizations, including more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500, to protect against external attackers and malicious insiders. A global company, CyberArk is headquartered in Petach Tikva, Israel, with U.S. headquarters located in Newton, Mass. The company also has offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Japan. To learn more about CyberArk, visit www.cyberark.com, read the CyberArk blogs or follow on Twitter via @CyberArk, LinkedIn or Facebook.
Copyright © 2020 CyberArk Software. All Rights Reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.