The Data on Kubernetes Community (DoKC), an openly governed community for data on Kubernetes, today announced the schedule for the second Data on Kubernetes Day, to be held at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2021 following the success of the first event in May with over 4,400 people watching online.
The DoK Community was founded in June of 2020 to bring practitioners together to share their experiences in running Data on Kubernetes. Since then, the DoK Community has grown rapidly with more than 90 scheduled meetups and over 4,000 registered members in its Slack and LinkedIn channels.
The Data on Kubernetes Day will be held on Tuesday, October 12 as a free co-located event at KubeCon. Enterprises including 99.co, Flipkart, Macquarie Bank, Sourcegraph, and Zalando will share their experiences with running stateful data on Kubernetes in production environments, while speakers from AirAsia, CNCF, DataStax, EnterpriseDB, MayaData, Portworx and more share advanced engineering techniques, best practices, and industry trends.
“The Kubernetes community has made major strides in supporting stateful workloads, but it’s just the beginning of how Kubernetes could be leveraged as a standard to revolutionize data,” said Melissa Logan, director of the Data on Kubernetes Community. “As organizations rely more on Kubernetes for infrastructure management, the Data on Kubernetes Community will continue to bring together practitioners who are building and operating data-centric applications on Kubernetes.”
A full day of nearly 20 talks includes:
- Migrating and running Elasticsearch on Kubernetes — Gregorius Marco, 99.co
- What’s Coming in Kubernetes Storage — Xing Yang, CNCF Storage TAG co-chair and VMware
- The Future of Data on Kubernetes — Melissa Logan, Data on Kubernetes Community
- Macquarie Bank’s Journey to Running Databases on Kubernetes — Jeremy Hanna, DataStax; and Jon Lau, Macquarie Bank
- Building Disaggregated Storage for Kubernetes Using Open Source Technologies — Anuj Agrawal, Flipkart
- Indexing the world of open source at Sourcegraph — Dax McDonald, Sourcegraph
- Postgres on Kubernetes Applied at Scale in Zalando — Alexander Kukushkin, Zalando; and Alvaro Hernandez, OnGres
- Data on Kubernetes Weekly Newsletter
- DoKC Twitter
- DoKC LinkedIn
- DoKC YouTube
- DoKC Website
- Learn about Sponsorship
About Data on Kubernetes Community (DoKC)
Kubernetes was initially designed to run stateless workloads. Today it is increasingly being used to run databases and other stateful workloads. The Data on Kubernetes Community was founded in June 2020 to bring practitioners together to solve the challenges of working with data on Kubernetes. An openly governed community, DoKC exists to assist in the emergence and development of techniques for the use of Kubernetes for data. https://dok.community/