DEVOPS WORLD 2020—CloudBees, Inc., the enterprise software delivery company, today announced the winners of its annual DevOps World Awards. Three sets of awards were given, honoring the outstanding achievements of CloudBees customers and contributors who have gone above and beyond in supporting the Jenkins and Jenkins X open source projects. The categories, which each have their own subcategories, include: CloudBees Innovation Awards, Jenkins Community Awards and Jenkins X Community Awards.
CLOUDBEES INNOVATION AWARDS
These awards honor companies that are achieving outstanding business results and returning value to their organizations using CloudBees solutions.
The winners are:
- BNP Paribas CIB, for DevOps Automation Excellence. This award is presented to the customer that exemplifies the most outstanding automated DevOps process across a team or organization.
- Capital One, for DevOps Scalability Achievement. This award is presented to the customer demonstrating the most outstanding highly-scaled continuous delivery and DevOps implementation across a team or organization.
- Nationwide Building Society, for DevOps Rising Star. This award recognizes a company that has embarked on a DevOps transformation and has achieved impressive results right out of the gate, within the last year.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Citizant (Prime Contractor), for Diversity in DevOps. This award recognizes an organization that has done two things: (1) Implemented diversity and inclusion practices within its DevOps community that embrace the uniqueness of all employees, and (2) Adopted practices that empower and celebrate team members to spur innovation and stronger business outcomes.
“Every year, our panel comes away more impressed than ever by the innovative ways our customers are using technology to generate value across their software delivery systems,” said Sacha Labourey, CEO and co-founder of CloudBees. “This year’s award winners set a new standard for excellence and innovation in the use of DevOps.”
JENKINS COMMUNITY AWARDS, JENKINS X COMMUNITY AWARDS
These awards celebrate individual contributors and their efforts within the Jenkins and Jenkins X projects.
The 2020 Jenkins Community Award winners are:
- Tim Jacomb, from the United Kingdom, was recognized as Most Valuable Jenkins Contributor. The award is presented to an individual who has contributed to the Jenkins project the most through new features, bug fixes or plugin development efforts.
- James Holderness, from the United Kingdom, was named Jenkins Security MVP, honored for most consistently providing excellent security reports or resolving security issues.
- Marky Jackson, from the United States, earned the title of Most Valuable Jenkins Advocate, recognizing the individual who helped advocate for Jenkins through organization of a local Jenkins Area Meetup(s) and Jenkins-related events.
The 2020 Jenkins X Community Award winners are:
- Ankit Mohapatra, from the United States, was named Most Valuable Jenkins X New Contributor, presented to an individual who did their first contribution since this award category was first introduced at DevOps World last year, in August 2019.
- Terry Cox, from the United Kingdom, received the award for Most Innovative Jenkins X Implementation, presented to an innovative individual who has embraced Jenkins X.
“The Jenkins and Jenkins X communities are among the most active, committed and dedicated advocates for technology you’ll find anywhere,” said Tracy Miranda, executive director of the Continuous Delivery Foundation. “We are proud to have the DevOps World 2020 Awards shine a light on just a few of the many amazing contributions these communities make day after day, year after year.”
- The CloudBees Innovation Award winners will be announced during the Day 3 opening keynote, The Power of Community.
- The Community Awards winners will be announced during a session called Jenkins and Jenkins X Community Awards, on Thursday, September 24, at 9am PST.
- See event agenda here: https://sessions.devopsworld.com/sessions.
CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters, while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps professionals. Follow CloudBees on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.