E2open (NYSE: ETWO), a leading network-based provider of 100% cloud-based, mission-critical, end-to-end supply chain management software, today announced the release of its second quarterly technology update of 2021, with added process automation and expanded artificial intelligence (AI) innovations to help clients and their partners make better, faster and more efficient decisions.
“Reaching new levels of supply chain performance requires the consistent improvement of processes, many of which are manual, error-prone and routinely prevent the adoption of innovative practices,” said Pawan Joshi, executive vice president of product management and strategy of E2open. “This quarterly release includes new techniques to boost productivity across all aspects of the end-to-end supply chain by streamlining data management from downstream channel partners, enabling more efficient lot and materials management at contract manufacturers, and accelerating information exchange between carriers as well as client’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.”
“We continue to push the boundaries of AI in the supply chain, with innovations to help companies efficiently manage seasonal sales and further leverage machine learning algorithms to analyze increasingly complex data patterns,” Joshi said. “We are excited to offer these enhanced capabilities to help clients improve productivity and make better decisions in today’s increasingly complex global supply chains.”
Some of the primary enhancements in this release include:
- Immediate and complete visibility to all aspects of data reported by partners through the new channel data management control center empowers operations users to directly resolve any issues faster than ever before. Increased user productivity ensures upstream and downstream processes have quicker access to timely, accurate, consistent data, driving faster incentives payments and partner satisfaction, increased sales and optimized inventories through the channel.
- Extended and improved site-wide search capabilities help partner users easily find the right marketing resources across the entire channel marketing content repository. This improves the discoverability of marketing assets, drives better asset utilization and ultimately optimizes the impact of channel marketing investments.
Demand Sensing and Business Planning
- New best-method forecasting techniques augment demand sensing machine learning with greater fine-tuning to optimize desired business outcomes while simultaneously avoiding unfavorable results. This improves AI performance and forecast accuracy and enables companies to lower capital investments in inventory without service risks.
- Enhanced AI and automation capabilities for seasonal demand and fluctuations when seasonal demand actually occurs. Reduced need for manual seasonality adjustments makes demand forecasting more accurate and efficient.
- Enhancements in supply planning now enable companies to automatically utilize inventory of legacy products to fulfill demand for products that replaced them. This leads to better inventory management and more efficient execution with fewer exceptions to manage.
Global Trade Management
- Restricted party screening capabilities for organizations using Salesforce CRM without leaving the Salesforce user interface. Using a plug-in, easily screen partners, customers and providers to eliminate manual, redundant data entry and reduce implementation time and cost.
- The addition of more than 60 new denied party lists, including the U.S. State Debarment and Suspension and U.S. State Medicaid Exclusion lists, provides deeper compliance coverage to ensure greater due diligence while screening for restricted transaction parties. Additions also include national government requirements (GREQs) for the United Kingdom and landed cost data for three new countries, raising the country coverage count to more than 200 for greater risk management.
Transportation and Logistics
- Enhancements to ocean booking functionality now enable shippers to select additional service offerings from specific carriers when booking an ocean shipment. These new options, such as additional insurance or a shipment guarantee to prevent potential rollovers and delays, streamline business processes and help mitigate ocean shipping risks.
- E2open’s transportation management system (TMS) now captures relevant trade compliance data for parcel shipments, streamlining customs clearance for international moves and mitigating potential fines.
- A new capability enables non-vessel-operating common carriers (NVOCC) to respond quickly to requests for quotations for multi-lane ocean shipments reducing the need to input manually each request and simplifying the sell rate calculation process.
Collaborative Manufacturing and Supply Management
- Bar code and quick response (QR) code label generation enhances the automation of shipping and receiving operations at die bank and warehouse locations. This significantly reduces manual efforts, improving productivity for brand owners and contract manufacturers.
- Integration enhancements enable suppliers to keep abreast of iterative updates on serial numbers or inner packages within a shipment in a timely manner, leading to faster time to market and improved traceability and efficiency.
- Enhanced automation provides high-frequency updates to analytic metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), enabling companies to track changes in shipment status of raw materials and ingredients, understand the impact of deviations and determine the most optimal resolution.
- Manage-by-exception enhancements enable companies to review and act on exceptions identified on the aggregated purchase order or shipment instead of line-by-line, resulting in significant productivity gains.
- With E2open’s certified SAP Add-on available on both ECC and S/4HANA, customers now have the ability to integrate ocean schedules, bookings and track-and-trace status updates to SAP’s transportation management application for quicker time to value.
Learn More About Product Updates
As a cloud-based offering, E2open consistently brings the best in channel and supply chain management technology to customers. To learn more about this update, please contact us here.
At E2open, we’re creating a more connected, intelligent supply chain. It starts with sensing and responding to real-time demand, supply and delivery constraints. Bringing together data from customers, distribution channels, suppliers, contract manufacturers and logistics partners, our collaborative and agile supply chain platform enables companies to use data in real time, with artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive smarter decisions. All this complex information is delivered in a single view that encompasses your demand, supply, logistics and global trade ecosystems. E2open is changing everything. Demand. Supply. Delivered.™ Visit www.e2open.com.
E2open, the E2open logo and Harmony are registered trademarks of E2open, LLC or its affiliates. Demand. Supply. Delivered. is a trademark of E2open, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.