Ellucian, the leading provider of software and services built to power higher education, today announced the recipients of the 2020 PATH Scholarship program. PATH (Progress, Accomplishment, Thriving and Hope) awards scholarship funds to institutions which, in turn, deliver the financial support to students experiencing economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Independent judges selected 25 institutions out of more than 160 applicants. Each of the selected community colleges will be awarded $20,000 for distribution to students impacted by COVID-19, in amounts based on need. These funds will help to cover items such as housing costs, tuition expenses and food — the most pressing needs as identified by the winners.
“We continue to see the economic pressure of COVID-19 and the devastating effects this can have on our most vulnerable students,” said Laura Ipsen, President and CEO, Ellucian. “Ellucian created the PATH Scholarship to provide some relief for students, enabling them to stay in school and achieve their educational dreams. We’re proud to help students and our partner institutions solve today’s challenges while planning for tomorrow.”
Ellucian has pledged an initial $1 million to the scholarship fund. In November, the first $500,000 was distributed to community and technical colleges across the United States, a segment where the pandemic has led to significant enrollment declines this year. The program aims to continue its growth with the support of like-minded partners. For more information or to get involved, visit: www.stayonpath.org.
2020 PATH Scholarship recipients:
- Amarillo College (Texas)
- Blue Ridge Community College (Va.)
- Bronx Community College of the City University of New York (N.Y.)
- Community College of Aurora (Colo.)
- Community College of Denver (Colo.)
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College (N.Y.)
- Denmark Technical College (S.C.)
- Eastern Iowa Community College (Iowa)
- Forsyth Technical Community College (N.C.)
- Glendale Community College (Calif.)
- Green River College (Wash.)
- Greenfield Community College (Mass.)
- Hagerstown Community College (Md.)
- Lake Land College (Ill.)
- Lurleen B. Wallace Community College (Ala.)
- Montgomery County Community College (Pa.)
- Northwest-Shoals Community College (Ala.)
- Oakland Community College (Mich.)
- Robeson Community College (N.C.)
- Rockingham Community College (N.C.)
- Saddleback College (Calif.)
- San Juan College (N.M.)
- Sauk Valley Community College (Ill.)
- Shasta College (Calif.)
- Waukesha County Technical College (Wis.)
Ellucian is the market leader charting the digital future of higher education with a portfolio of cloud-ready technology solutions and services. From student recruitment to workforce analytics; from fundraising opportunities to alumni engagement; Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of data-rich tools gives colleges and universities the information they need to lead with confidence.
Working with a community of more than 2,700 customers in over 50 countries, Ellucian keeps innovating as higher education keeps evolving. Drawing on its comprehensive higher education business acumen and suite of services, Ellucian guides its customers through manageable, sustainable digital transformation—so that every type of institution and student can thrive in today’s fast-changing landscape. Visit Ellucian at www.ellucian.com.