Everstream, the business-only fiber network, has announced a definitive agreement to purchase a 200-plus-mile Indianapolis-based fiber network and CLEC operation from DataBank, a leading provider of enterprise-class data center, connectivity and managed services. The fiber network and CLEC assets originally owned by LightBound were purchased by DataBank.
Dedicated to building a technologically advanced fiber network, Everstream has accelerated its planned entry into the Indianapolis market with its intent to purchase these fiber assets. When fully completed, the Everstream network will cover the Indianapolis metro area.
“By acquiring existing fiber network in Indianapolis, Everstream is able to expand its Midwest footprint and begin serving area businesses more quickly than expected,” said Everstream President and CEO Brett Lindsey. “Our enterprise-grade network provides businesses with enhanced reliability, optimal routes and maximum performance, and is complemented by Everstream’s dedication to corporate transparency and customer support.”
This transaction coupled with Everstream’s planned expansion in Indianapolis includes:
- Acquisition of fiber assets throughout metro Indianapolis, including more than 200 route miles of fiber from DataBank.
- Plans to extend the network an additional 600 miles, for a total of more than 800 route miles, and invest $38 million throughout the Indianapolis metro area.
- Fiber-based Ethernet and internet services capable of speeds up to 100 Gbps.
- Direct connection to Everstream’s existing fiber network infrastructure in Northern Ohio, and its other markets in the Midwest.
- Connectivity to DataBank in Indianapolis, and access to another 36 data centers across the Midwest.
- A local office in Indianapolis with more than 20 team members, including existing personnel, a sales team led by Regional Vice President of Sales Paul Peach, and dedicated field engineers led by Regional Vice President of Operations Greg Meinczinger, to support area customers.
The DataBank transaction will provide Everstream with a lit fiber network from which to serve new and existing customers while it continues to expand Everstream’s fiber footprint throughout the Indianapolis metro area. With this transaction, Everstream is on track to grow to more than 15,000 miles of fiber with more than 3,000 on-net locations in 12 markets throughout the Midwest by the end of 2020.
DataBank and Everstream have been working together closely to ensure LightBound’s core business services continue to flourish under like-minded ownership. Moving forward, DataBank and Everstream will partner closely as each company combines the legacy LightBound assets with their core business segments — namely data centers and fiber networks, respectively.
“We are looking forward to working with Everstream as we serve existing and new enterprise customers in Indianapolis,” said DataBank CEO Raul Martynek. “We are excited about expanding our edge data center presence in the market while collaborating with a fiber network partner like Everstream.”
To learn more and view Everstream’s network and expansion efforts, visit everstream.net/network-expansion.
Everstream has raised the bar for business connectivity, delivering a business-only fiber network with the speed, reliability, scale and performance that today’s enterprises demand. With more than 10,000 route miles of fiber spanning six states and speeds up to 100 Gbps, Everstream’s enterprise-grade network delivers robust business fiber services, including dedicated internet access, dark fiber, Ethernet and data center solutions. Through its “Do What You Say You Will Do” approach, Everstream is a valued partner dedicated to the success of business customers. For more information, visit everstream.net.