Go!Foton, a world leader in fiber management solutions for service providers and data centers, today unveiled its Clamshell Hardened Terminal (CHT), a revolutionary advance in optical connectivity management. The announcement was made at ISE Expo, currently underway at the Fort Worth Convention Center.
“Unlike other drop terminal solutions, Go!Foton’s CHT requires no expensive, proprietary hardened-termination drop cables, and works instead with any universally available flat or round drop cable,” said Go!Foton CTO David Z Chen. “For network operators, this translates into significant cost savings through supply chain diversification, simplified inventory management, dramatically improved lead times, and faster field installation times.”
“At Go!Foton, nature is always a great source of inspiration for the innovations we create, and this time it’s the homely clamshell which presented us with the framework of a beautiful solution to a problem that has vexed connectivity engineers for decades,” Dr. Chen continued. “Our understanding of fractal mathematics as applied to structural integrity, durability, and especially flexibility, offers us significant advantages when confronted with the myriad challenges of enabling trouble-free operations with OSP solutions designed for use in confined spaces.”
PEACOC® CHT Hardened Terminal:
- Does not require expensive and proprietary hardened connectors
- Supports widely available, non-proprietary OSP-rated drop cables
- Provides compatibility with SC (simplex), LC (simplex or duplex), MPO, and new connectors like the SN, CS, and MDC
- Offers IP-68 protection; each drop connection is individually isolated in a dedicated and easily re-enterable clamshell chamber
- Incorporates innovative metal clasp for reliable, long-term performance
- Enables mounting on strand, wooden and concealed poles, and wall, pedestal, and underground mounts such as handhole & manhole environments
- Features compact, rugged design – ideal for concealed pole applications
- Permits easy expansion beyond the 5G, 8-port sweet spot to include 12, 16, 20, and 24 ports
Go!Foton (www.GoFoton.com) brings innovation to the market with proven expertise in optics and photonics that solves real world problems for its customers with a scalable and customized approach. The company serves the telecom and data center markets with long haul, metro, and broadband wireline and wireless access applications, and also supplies optical materials and components to the imaging, medical, and instrumentation industries. A global enterprise with sales offices in the U.S., Europe, and Japan, Go!Foton maintains R&D and manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Japan, China, and the Philippines.