Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) today announced the expansion of its HPE GreenLake edge to cloud platform to include support for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI and Microsoft SQL Server. The new HPE GreenLake cloud services deliver the agility and flexibility organizations are looking for in a scalable, simplified, and cloud-native architecture on-premises. Joint customers can consolidate virtualized Windows and Linux workloads for efficiency, and run production workloads using a familiar, hybrid environment. This announcement complements HPE’s broad portfolio of hyperconverged infrastructure offerings now available via HPE GreenLake, including HPE SimpliVity and HPE Nimble Storage dHCI.
As enterprises digitally transform, they require greater control over their data while modernizing their on-premises and edge footprint. Currently, 70 per cent of critical production applications and data remain outside the public cloud, in a secure, single tenant environment and at the edge where the data increasingly is created1. HPE GreenLake with Azure Stack HCI and Microsoft SQL Server enables businesses to transform their on-premises and edge workloads by providing customers with a cloud experience and operating model for applications and workloads close to where the data lives.
“The world is becoming hybrid and that’s why we are so excited about this collaboration with Microsoft, especially as we see significant growth in the Hyperconverged Infrastructure area,” said Keith White, General Manager, HPE GreenLake Cloud Services. “By combining Microsoft Azure Stack HCI with offerings like the HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform, customers benefit from a unified, automated experience. The solution means customers can determine their own right mix of hybrid cloud and workload placement, with flexibility but also control. We continue to deepen our collaboration with Microsoft to develop comprehensive solutions that help customers transform to modern cloud-driven organizations.”
Hyperconverged infrastructure is a fast-growing industry category founded on the principles of software-defined infrastructure to drive agility with a cloud-like experience. HPE continues to invest and innovate in best-in-class HCI solutions, HPE SimpliVity and HPE Nimble Storage dHCI. Together with HPE’s ecosystem of partners, HPE offers a market-leading portfolio of HCI solutions available as a service through the HPE GreenLake cloud platform. These offerings are optimized to provide customers with choice in selecting the right solution for the right workload, including general purpose and business critical applications, virtualized and containerized applications, and small and large scale environments.
“HPE Greenlake integration with Microsoft Azure Stack HCI and Microsoft SQL Server is the latest collaboration in a long and productive relationship between Microsoft and HPE,” said Roanne Sones, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Azure Edge + Platform. “The shared work to integrate HPE GreenLake with Microsoft offerings gives our customers a managed services solution that offers simplicity, flexibility, and the economics that work for their environments, plus the benefit of ongoing security expertise from Azure and HPE.”
Key benefits of HPE GreenLake with Azure Stack HCI and Microsoft SQL Server:
- A Cloud Experience: Customers require a flexible cloud platform everywhere, one that provides automation, self-service, capacity on demand, along with the ability to use a broad range of tools, managed for them. Azure Stack HCI, a new hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) operating system, is delivered as an Azure service on the HPE GreenLake cloud platform, to accelerate data center modernization, remote office productivity, and many edge applications.
- Simplified Hybrid IT Management: Customers can control their services through the Azure portal in the same way that they manage their Azure public cloud services. With HPE GreenLake cloud platform, customers can manage, bill, and grow their environment as they grow.
- Data Anywhere with Savings: With Microsoft SQL Server, HPE GreenLake uses defined and tested configurations ready to support database applications of all sizes. HPE delivers pay-per-use pricing, point and-click self-service, scalability, and flexibility of the cloud experience with the security of dedicated, on-premises IT at 30 to 40 per cent TCO savings while eliminating the need for overprovisioning.
The HPE GreenLake edge to cloud platform provides customers with a powerful foundation to drive digital transformation through an elastic as-a-service platform that can run on premises, at the edge, or in a colocation facility. The HPE GreenLake cloud platform combines the simplicity and agility of the cloud with the governance, compliance, and visibility that comes with hybrid IT. HPE GreenLake offers a range of cloud services that accelerate innovation, including cloud services for bare metal, compute, container management, data protection, HCI, high performance compute, machine learning operations, networking, risk management, SAP HANA, storage, VDI, and VMs. The HPE GreenLake cloud platform business is rapidly growing with over $4.8 billion USD in total contract value and more than 900 partners selling HPE GreenLake. Today, HPE GreenLake has more than 1200 enterprise customers across 50 countries in all industry sectors and sizes including Fortune 500 companies, government and public sector organizations, and small and midmarket enterprises. For more information on HPE GreenLake, please visit: https://www.hpe.com/us/en/greenlake.html.
HPE GreenLake with the HPE Validated System for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI and Microsoft SQL Server is available immediately, with an Integrated System available this year.
- Learn more about HPE GreenLake Validated System for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI and Microsoft SQL Server
- Join us June 22-24 for the HPE Discover 2021 virtual eventspotlighting the future of edge to cloud digital transformation, including strategic insights from Antonio Neri, HPE President and CEO, and Kumar Sreekanti, HPE CTO and head of Software.
- More information about HPE’s GreenLake news and activities @HPE_GreenLake
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) is the global edge-to-cloud company that helps organizations accelerate outcomes by unlocking value from all of their data, everywhere. Built on decades of reimagining the future and innovating to advance the way people live and work, HPE delivers unique, open and intelligent technology solutions delivered as a service – spanning Compute, Storage, Software, Intelligent Edge, High Performance Computing and Mission Critical Solutions – with a consistent experience across all clouds and edges, designed to help customers develop new business models, engage in new ways, and increase operational performance. For more information, visit: www.hpe.com.
1 IDC Cloud Pulse Q1 2020