Investor’s Business Daily (IBD), a digital media company that provides authoritative stock market analysis, investing education and research tools, today announced strong metrics that demonstrate its unparalleled value and steady leadership throughout the market turmoil associated with COVID-19. As a result of its strategic decisions over the last several years and the continued expansion of its offerings to meet investor needs, the organization is well-positioned to withstand the challenges posed by the pandemic while maintaining its mission of inspiring and empowering financial freedom for all.
“We spotted, well before the pandemic, that the industry needed to evolve, and we executed methodically against our roadmap,” said Jerry Ferrara, President of IBD. “Because we diversified our product strategy, becoming less reliant on ad revenue, we remain well-positioned to focus on delivering high value and outstanding educational resources to help people succeed at every stage of their investing lives, even amid the chaos of today.”
All IBD offerings have grown by more than 30% year-to-date. Notably, the 18-24 age group grew by 81.2% from December thru May, and the prized 18-34 demographic now represents 31.6% of IBD’s total audience compared to 23.9% less than six months ago.
- IBD Digital/ Investors.com: Subscriptions of IBD’s base product, IBD Digital, are up 40% overall. Additionally, page views on IBD’s website, Investors.com, have increased by almost 50% since the beginning of the pandemic, growing from just over 16 million to nearly 31 million (30,760,027), and unique site visitors are up more than 50% from pre-COVID levels.
- IBD Live: IBD’s newest offering, which enables subscribers to join IBD’s team of analysts and market experts in a live, interactive broadcast at the start of trading each day, has grown subscriptions by 253% during the pandemic.
- SwingTrader: Subscriptions of IBD’s SwingTrader product, which applies the rules of IBD’s proprietary CAN SLIM Investing System in a swing-trading environment, are up by 185% year-to-date. SwingTrader is also significantly outperforming the S&P 500 year-to-date. As of June 18, 2020, SwingTrader is up 42.9% vs. the S&P 500 at -3.7%.
- Leaderboard: Subscriptions of IBD’s popular Leaderboard product are also up, growing by 37%. Leaderboard is based on IBD’s proprietary CAN SLIM® Investing System, the #1-ranked investing strategy over the past five years, according to an independent study of over 50 leading investing methods by the American Association of Independent Investors. The product distills all of the resources and analysis generated by IBD’s experts into a simple-to-understand platform.
- Marketsmith: This comprehensive stock research platform that combines fundamental and technical analysis and shows users chart patterns to spot optimal buy and sell points has also increased subscriptions by 30%.
- Webinars: IBD is known for producing incredibly popular, quality webinars that provide access to the world’s leading investors. Since the start of COVID, the average number of webinar registrations has increased by 40% to an average registration of 16,218, while the show rate has increased by over 20%. Additionally, year-over-year webinar registrations have increased by 70%.
“In times of uncertainty, people need a trusted source for their finances,” added Ferrara. “We were honored to serve as that source when markets went south, just as we are motivated by the fact that our tried-and-true approach to investing has served up so many winning ideas to our members during this volatile market. Finances are deeply personal, and we take our responsibility seriously to help anyone grow their assets through smart, data-driven decisions.”
To learn more about all that IBD has to offer, please visit www.investors.com.
Investor’s Business Daily (IBD) is a leading digital publishing, financial news and research organization recognized for proprietary stock screens, an award-winning website, and a suite of digital investing products and apps that help subscribers make more money in the market. The company takes a data-first approach to investing, educating investors about how to invest successfully using tested methods and sound research. IBD has honed its approach over the last 35 years to help investors make smarter decisions. Its stock lists have outperformed the S&P, and its presidential poll, the most accurate over the past four election cycles, was one of only two national polls to accurately predict the outcome of the 2016 Presidential Election. IBD offers a number of interactive stock research tools and provides information for investors of every level. To learn more about all that IBD has available, please visit www.investors.com.
© 2020 Investor’s Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved. Investor’s Business Daily, IBD, CAN SLIM and their corresponding logos are registered trademarks of Investor’s Business Daily, Inc.