IDShield, a leading provider of identity theft protection, privacy and restoration technology and services for individuals and families, wants all consumers to have their digital health protected during the coronavirus pandemic. Today, IDShield announced the IDShield Coronavirus Privacy and ID Theft Protection Resource Center to provide guidance on how to protect personally identifiable information during a time of heightened use of connective technology.
“Coronavirus has driven our life, work and socializing online, opening up personally identifiable information to cybercriminals who are continually devising new ways to hack, scam and attack consumers data and financial accounts,” said Allen Spence, Director of Product Leadership at LegalShield. “People need to be vigilant in protecting their digital and social health along with their physical health. With many US citizens now starting to receive stimulus payment checks, there will be an increased focus of criminals trying to take advantage of individuals and families during this tough economic time. Consumers need to be educated and more vigilant than ever to avoid being victimized, especially since most of us are spending far more time online.”
IDShield is offering guidance and best practices on a variety of digital topics including:
– Working from Home: Setting up new apps and accounts to work from home creates a larger digital footprint, exposing more private information online.
– Diving Into Online Shopping: Online shopping is becoming the norm for everyday essentials, therefore your financial details are being shared more widely and frequently.
– Relying on Social Media: Usage is soaring as we look for human connections, providing increased opportunities for scammers to exploit.
– School’s Out: Online learning is the new normal and families are being inundated with new links and apps creating new ways for data to be exposed.
– Smart Devices: Making sure that Alexa and other smart devices don’t invite cybercriminals into your home.
– Streaming Services: Protecting online credentials for streaming services such as media content and online gaming is critical.
Additional information is available on videoconferencing safety, stimulus check scams and other privacy protection tips.
The IDShield Coronavirus Privacy and ID Theft Protection Resource Center is available at https://covid19.legalshield.com/privacy.
IDShield advocates the practice of good security and privacy hygiene to help thwart identity theft at all costs. This includes using secure passwords and changing them frequently, avoiding unfamiliar Wi-Fi networks, taking extreme precaution when faced with possible phishing emails or suspicious phone calls, and actively managing their online reputation. IDShield’s protection policy provides reimbursement coverage for events related to fraud, forgery, data breaches and stolen identity – all with zero deductibles. Along with IDShield’s propriety monitoring platform, they are able to leverage the resources of lawyers, accountants and in-house licensed private investigators to restore IDShield’s member’s identity to pre-theft status if any of their identifiable information is ever compromised.
Recently IDShield was named by U.S. News & World Report’s 360 Reviews among the Best Identity Theft Protection Companies of 2020 and is a 2020 Cybersecurity Excellence Award for ID Theft Resolution Service – Gold Winner.
About LegalShield and IDShield
A trailblazer in the democratization of affordable access to legal protection, LegalShield is one of North America’s largest providers of online legal subscription plans covering more than 4.4 million people. Its IDShield identity theft solution for individuals and families has more than one million members. LegalShield and IDShield serve more than 141,000 businesses. In addition, over 40,000 companies offer LegalShield and IDShield plans to their employees as a voluntary benefit. Both legal and identity theft plans start for less than $25 per month. For more information about LegalShield, visit: https://www.legalshield.com/ or for more information about IDShield, visit: https://www.idshield.com/.