Castle Hall, the Due Diligence Company, today provided an update on the firm’s DiligenceExpress due diligence monitoring tool. Institutional investors worldwide now use DiligenceExpress to monitor asset managers with total regulatory assets under management of $45 trillion – completely free of charge.
The platform contains information on more than 20,000 asset managers and more than 70,000 fund entities. More than 540,000 individual diligence reports are now available to DiligenceExpress users, with reports archived since October 2017.
Part of Castle Hall’s next generation DiligenceHub online app, DiligenceExpress offers manager and private fund data sourced from Form ADV submissions filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Data is fully comprehensive, with no restrictions as to the scope or volume of data presented for registered users.
DiligenceExpress allows users to access:
- Extensive profiles of each Registered Investment Adviser / Exempt Reporting Adviser and every private fund. Information is delivered through an easy to use, online app, together with top quality PDF reports.
- DiligenceExpress analytics highlight potential risk factors, at a point in time and over time. Comprehensive dashboards enable tracking of analytics across an entire portfolio.
- Users can follow managers and be notified automatically by email each time a new ADV is filed, irrespective of the number of managers followed.
- DiligenceExpress offers fully comprehensive “change view” analysis online and in PDF, enabling users to compare any two Form ADV filings.
- All prior Form ADV information is archived without restriction.
“Castle Hall believes that due diligence has changed,” said Chris Addy, Castle Hall’s President and CEO. “Asset owners value tools which support a consistent, evidenced and auditable due diligence workflow across all third party manager relationships. This is very different from legacy ODD which focused on hedge funds, with emphasis only on static, point in time reports. Fintech and Regtech solutions are now a must, enabling Castle Hall to marry both objective data and subjective due diligence – technology allows us to turn diligence into data, and data into diligence.”
Anne Coady, Castle Hall’s Managing Director, commented, “DiligenceExpress provides information on tens of thousands of asset managers and funds. Users can see immediately if an asset manager has an existing or new regulatory action, if they have a related party broker dealer and if there have been any changes in the owners of the business. At the fund level, users can identify the prime brokers, administrators, auditors and directors of each fund structure, and verify whether those key service providers have changed.”
DiligenceExpress is fully integrated into Castle Hall’s broader due diligence workflow. After reviewing Form ADV information, investors can progress to a reputational due diligence review as well as Castle Hall’s broader operational due diligence services. Investors can also access Castle Hall’s detailed ESG due diligence services at both the asset manager and fund / strategy level.
About Castle Hall
Castle Hall Diligence helps investors worldwide manage the operational, ESG, cyber and investment risks of asset managers. Castle Hall’s core competitive advantage is DiligenceHub, the firm’s proprietary online diligence platform, which has helped clients review diligence across several thousand fund entities. More information is available at www.castlehalldiligence.com.