“8K seems out of reach and requires very high throughput bandwidth, unreasonably larger memory buffers, high-end cables or 100GbE network interfaces” says Justine Hecq, Product Owner of the TICO-XS IP-cores. “Our new cores enable manufacturers to manage and transport seamlessly 8K on COTS infrastructure.” With these new IP-cores, there is no need to compromise on quality using lower frame rate, irreversible data-loss technics with heavy processing and additional delays.
Supporting the JPEG XS ISO Standard, the cores can target mid-range FPGA families – from Intel & Xilinx – or ASIC with low gate count. The cores include the following attributes:
- No compromise on quality: It is visually lossless, as defined in the JPEG XS standard and it supports the complete UHDTV2 specifications.
- No perceptible delay: Encoding/decoding are performed in less than ONE millisecond in total.
- No costly memory usage: The light line buffers are handled in the internal RAMs.
- Embedded 2-level downscaler in the decoder: HD & 4K resolutions can be extracted from the 8K compressed stream without any additional processing.
- Manageable streams: 8K compressed flow can be transported over limited data interfaces – down to 2.5Gb or 10Gb Ethernet for example.
Line-based latency has your delay issues covered: with a maximum of 32-line delay end-to-end, you can envision multiple compression stages in your workflow while keeping the overall latency imperceptible. Artifact-free 8K video quality is achieved at a compression ratio up to 16:1.
The 8K cores are covering various needs and uses cases, supporting up to 8192×4320, 60fps or 120fps, 4:4:4, 4:2:2 and monochrome. The new 8K IP-Cores are shipping now. Feel free to contact intoPIX or to visit the website for more information, the intoPIX team is committed bridge our world to the 8K world !
intoPIX is a leading technology provider of innovative compression, image processing and security solutions. We deliver unique FPGA/ASIC IP cores and efficient software solutions (on CPU & GPU) to manage more pixels, preserve quality with no latency, save cost & power and simplify connectivity. We are passionate about offering people a higher quality image experience. Our solutions enable the audio-visual market to build new AV workflows and devices, reducing costs in HD, 4K or even 8K, (re-)using CAT5-E cables to move to AV-over-IP, replacing uncompressed video, enabling new wireless (Wifi-6) experience and preserving always the lowest latency and the highest quality.
For additional information, visit www.intopix.com