Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, announced today the refresh of its ‘Canvas’ series Flash cards to Canvas Plus. The new SD and microSD lineup include Kingston’s first UHS-II cards. To keep up with Canvas Plus, new MobileLite Plus UHS-II readers have been engineered to support blazing fast read speeds. Canvas Plus represents the next generation of SD and microSD cards with increased performance for DSLRs, 4K/8K video production, Android™ devices, action cams and drones.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200309005192/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
Canvas Plus offers three different variations for both SD and microSD cards: Select Plus, Go! Plus, and React Plus. Canvas Select Plus, which began shipping in Q4 2019, is joined by Canvas Go! Plus and Canvas React Plus. They support not only the latest advanced cameras that are capable of 4K and 8K video capture, React Plus and MobileLite Plus are also backwards compatible with UHS-I and conventional SD bus standards. MobileLite Plus readers will be available on their own or as a bundle with React Plus cards to ensure optimized speeds.
The Canvas Plus card series include:
Canvas Select™ Plus:
- Designed for recreational/amateur Full HD and 4K DSLR cameras (SD), and Android mobile devices (microSD).
- Class 10 UHS-I speeds1 up to 100MB/s read.
- MicroSD supports A1 app performance class to expedite workflow on tablets and smartphones.
- SD and microSDin capacities2 up to 512GB.
Canvas Go!™ Plus:
- Ideal for shooting 4K UHD video and burst mode photography on your DSLR (SD), or using with your 4K action cameras and drones (microSD).
- Class 10 UHS-I U3 speeds1 up to 170MB/s read3, 90MB/s write.
- MicroSD supports A2 app performance class to expedite workflow on next-gen tablets and smartphones.
- SD and microSD in capacities2 up to 512GB.
Canvas React™ Plus:
- Top-of-the-line UHS-II performance to capture professional grade 4K/8K videos and high-resolution photos on industry-standard cameras.
- Class 10 UHS-II U3 speeds1 up to 300MB/s read, 260MB/s write4 (SD) and 285MB/s read, 165MB/s write4 (microSD).
- The first UHS-II microSD to support A1 app performance class to expedite workflow on tablets and smartphones.
- SD and microSD in capacities2 up to 256GB.
MobileLite Plus Readers:
- Built to increase the workflow efficiency with incredible UHS-II speeds for faster file transfers and processing time.
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 speeds with backwards compatibility support for UHS-I cards.
- Designed for optimal performance with Kingston microSD and SD cards.
“Our goal is to deliver the best possible experience so consumers can share the content that’s important to them,” said Carissa Blegen, Flash card product manager, Kingston. “Canvas cards lead the way with UHS-II and A2 app support and are durable, feature great storage capacity and are higher in speed to capture all of life’s memories without the worry of space limitations or long transfer times.”
Canvas Plus Flash cards are backed by a lifetime warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit kingston.com.
1 Speed may vary due to host and device configuration.
2 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
3 Designed with proprietary technology to reach read speeds beyond UHS-I 104MB/s specification, up to 170MB/s. Full performance requires MobileLite Plus Reader or compatible device.
4 Full performance requires MobileLite Plus Reader.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call 877-546-4786 or visit kingston.com.
Editor’s Note: For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Digital, Inc. 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room here.
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. IronKey is a registered trademark of Kingston Digital, Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.