With the latest release of the LDRA tool suite, LDRA delivers industry-first FACE Conformance Tool Suites, enabling cost-effective development and verification of high-assurance, FACE-conformant software. These new software tool suites uniquely automate the process of evaluating software for conformance with each version of the released FACE standard (e.g., version 2.1.1 and 3.0), while at the same time enabling developers to improve the quality of their software through traceability, static and dynamic code analysis, and unit and system-level testing.
LDRA is uniquely positioned to provide these capabilities to the aerospace and defense community. The company and its products have been used successfully in critical embedded software development for over 40 years, and nearly 100 programs requiring DO-178 B/C Level A assurance rely on LDRA tools. LDRA is a contributing participant to the FACE Committee Technical Working Group and Outreach Group and holds leadership roles in the DO-178 Committees, MISRA C and MISRA C++ Committees, and the working group for secure annex to the C language definition. In addition, the LDRA Certification Services Team provides certification support services (DER, Training, Consulting).
As a contributor to The Open Group FACE™ Consortium and the FACE Technical Standard, LDRA provides software tools and decades of experience that help military customers ensure FACE conformance and thereby achieve the FACE objectives of reducing lifecycle costs and time-to-field interoperable avionics systems on varying platforms.
LDRA Conformance Tool Suites for FACE V2.1.1 and V3.0 include these new capabilities:
- Integration of the 2.1.1 and 3.0 FACE Conformance Verification Matrix (CVM) into the LDRA tool suite
- FACE conformance workflow management
- Test management of the FACE coding standard and low-level test of pertinent FACE requirements
- Ability to address any of the FACE segments from the CVM
- Objective traceability from FACE architectural segments (e.g., IOSS, OSS, PCS, PSSS, TSS)
- Automated analysis of FACE requirements conformance through static code analysis
- Invocation and results capture of the 2.1.1 and 3.0 FACE Conformance Test Suite (CTS) for submission to FACE Verification Authorities
- Automatic documentation generation of FACE verification evidence
- Static and dynamic code analysis as well as automated test case generation, execution, and results capture, including structural coverage
“Driven by our customers, we are excited to be in this unique position of being able to provide high-assurance software tools for functional-safety and security standards compliance as well as FACE conformance program initiatives,” said Ian Hennell, Operations Director, LDRA. “These objectives and our technologies are completely complementary to our offerings pertaining to airworthiness under DO-178B/C, and we believe our customers will realize significant cost savings and time-to-market results for these FACE programs.”
The LDRA FACE Conformance Tool Suites are available now with the latest version of the LDRA tool suite (version 9.8.1). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or register for a free 30-day trial of the LDRA FACE v3.0 Conformance Tool Suite.
- Download LDRA Datasheet for FACE Tool Suites
- Download more detailed Technical Note for FACE Conformance Tool Suites
About The Open Group
The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through technology standards. Our diverse membership of more than 700 organizations includes customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators, academics, and consultants across multiple industries. Further information on The Open Group can be found at www.opengroup.org.
For more than 40 years, LDRA has developed and driven the market for software that automates code analysis and software testing for safety-, mission-, security-, and business-critical markets. Working with clients to achieve early error identification and full compliance with industry standards, LDRA traces requirements through static and dynamic analysis to unit testing and verification for a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. Boasting a worldwide presence, LDRA is headquartered in the United Kingdom with subsidiaries in the United States, Germany, and India coupled with an extensive distributor network. For more information on the LDRA tool suite, please visit www.ldra.com.
Please send reader inquiries to: