With millions of small business owners struggling due to the coronavirus pandemic, LegalShield Canada announced today a new suite of Small Business Legal Plans, including a Trial Defence Supplement which adds a specified number of pre-trial and trial hours for members whose businesses are named as defendants in a lawsuit. These new plans represent the most significant expansion in the company’s history for legal services provided to small business owners through its proprietary nationwide network of local law firms.
“We’re on a mission to democratize justice and security for all, especially businesses and entrepreneurs. To further support these businesses, we are offering three levels of service: Essentials, Plus, and Pro,” said Martine Girotto, President of LegalShield Canada. “Each plan includes advice, consultation, and support concerning employment law, legal document review, federal trademarks and copyright assistance, and collection letters. Businesses can choose the level of service that is appropriate to their needs. Legal counsel can be quite expensive; our services are priced to be accessible to all.”
The LegalShield Small Business Plan is available in three tiers, starting as low as $49 per month, allowing small business owners to only pay for what they need. These tiers include:
Small Business Legal Essentials
- Advice, Consultation, and Research – Members receive consultations with provider lawyers on an unlimited number of business legal matters.
- Designated Consultation – A set of designated telephone consultations per year for business legal matters related to tax, copyright, trademark, patents, securities, intellectual property, antitrust, immigration, and out of province and territory legal issues.
- Document Review – Members can submit business legal documents for review by a provider lawyer.
- Collection Letters – Collection letters from a provider lawyer on a member’s behalf can help recoup payments more efficiently.
- Discount Services – Members will receive a twenty-five (25 percent) discount from the provider lawyer’s hourly rate for additional business legal work and services not outlined in the member contract.
Small Business Legal Plus
- All benefits of the Essentials Plan – Higher quantities, plus decreased, flat fees on services that would otherwise fall into the 25% discount category, including trademarks and copyrights, employee handbooks, and custom contract drafting.
- CRA Audit Legal Services – Members receive 25 hours of provider lawyer assistance when notified in writing by the Canada Revenue Agency of an audit, investigation, or examination of the member’s business tax return.
Small Business Legal Pro
- All Benefits of the Plus Plan– Premium-level time allotments and increased access to provider lawyers. Pro Plan Members are allotted the maximum amount of time for provider lawyers to spend on their legal matters and more document reviews. Additionally, Pro Plan Members receive 50 hours of CRA Audit Legal Services.
LegalShield Canada’s new Trial Defence for Business Supplement adds a specified number of pre-trial and trial hours for members whose businesses are named as defendants in a lawsuit. This supplement is available for $14.95 per month with active Small Business Plus and Pro Memberships.
For more information or to get started with LegalShield Canada, visit https://www.legalshield.ca/business-plan/plan-summary.
About LegalShield and IDShield
A trailblazer in the democratization of affordable access to legal protection, LegalShield is the world’s largest platform for legal, identity, and reputation management services covering more than 4.4 million people. Its IDShield identity theft solution for individuals and families protects more than one million members. LegalShield and IDShield serve more than 140,000 businesses. Additionally, over 34,000 companies offer LegalShield and IDShield plans to their employees as voluntary benefits. Both legal and identity theft plans start for less than $25 per month. For more information about LegalShield Canada, visit: https://www.legalshield.ca, or for more information about IDShield, visit https://www.idshield.ca/.