Masergy, the software-defined network and cloud platform for the digital enterprise, today announced the SD-WAN industry’s most competitive service level agreements (SLAs). The differentiated availability SLAs apply to Masergy’s SD-WAN Secure portfolio, for which a number of new enhancements were also announced today.
SLAs that encompass virtual networks and cloud connectivity are increasingly important as enterprises digitally mature and transition more applications, services, and workloads to the cloud. Masergy SD-WAN Secure SLAs deliver on the needs of the multi-cloud and always-on enterprise, ensuring clients can maintain the quality of service required to meet their needs. Masergy SD-WAN Secure SLAs include:
- 100 percent service availability for cloud connections when architected for redundancy and 100 percent service availability for SD-WAN sites configured for high availability: Also known as uptime, availability is the total number of minutes in the measuring period that the service is actually available for use. Beyond just 100 percent availability for SD-WAN service, Masergy is committed to 100 percent availability for direct connections to top cloud service providers and cloud applications. This is particularly helpful for businesses needing high-performance cloud services that are also globally consistent.
- Proactive credits on service availability SLAs: For decades, the network services industry has been known for putting the burden of credit management and collection on the client. With this unique SLA, Masergy aims to redefine the industry with a model that proactively and automatically credits clients after an availability SLA is not met. This is also a reflection of Masergy’s confidence in its long-standing track record of exceptional network performance.
- <1 millisecond of jitter (Edge-to-Edge): Jitter is the variation in the time between packets arriving, thus the lower the better. While generally anything less than 10 milliseconds is optimal, over the past three annual years the average jitter on Masergy’s network has been 1/20th of a millisecond (0.02). Jitter is the common cause for distorted audio and disrupted video conferences, considered critical in today’s business landscape.
- 100 percent in-sequence packet delivery (Edge-to-Edge): This is the percentage of packets delivered across the Masergy Secure Edge Network. Packet delivery is determined by averaging sample measurements taken during a calendar month, and Masergy’s objective is 100 percent.
- 5-minute proactive outage notifications: Masergy notifies clients of a service outage within 5 minutes of verification.
“Cloud application availability and network reliability are of utmost importance to enterprises, because downtime results in lost productivity, lost revenue, and lost time in resolving the issue not to mention the time chasing down any credits the provider owes them. Masergy’s SD-WAN Secure SLAs are designed to transform the IT organization, allowing our clients to stop worrying about the network so they can focus on strategic initiatives,” said Terry Traina, chief technology officer, Masergy.
Masergy’s confidence in delivering on its commitments stems from the underlying architecture of its private network, which serves as the platform for all SD-WAN Secure solutions. The global network is entirely software defined, meaning one standardized environment provides agility, visibility, and control from edge to edge all around the world. Plus, Masergy owns and operates its SD-network, giving the company the tightest control over service quality. For clients, this amounts to industry-leading SLAs with more global service consistency.
“Masergy SLAs are among the most competitive in the industry. Plus, they are the only provider offering proactive credits on availability, which builds client trust by centering the service around accountability and transparency,” said Zeus Kerravala, principal analyst, ZK Research. “Masergy is raising the bar with a new set of standards that will put pressure on others to revisit their business practices.”
Masergy is the software-defined network and cloud platform for the digital enterprise. Recognized as the pioneer in software-defined networking, Masergy enables unrivaled, secure application performance across the network and the cloud with Managed SD-WAN, UCaaS, CCaaS and Managed Security solutions. Industry leading SLAs coupled with an unparalleled customer experience enable global enterprises to achieve business outcomes with certainty. Learn more and follow us on our blog Transforming Enterprise IT, Twitter @Masergy, LinkedIn, and Facebook.