Medable Inc., the leading software provider for decentralized clinical trials, today announced several new leadership hires to help the company meet accelerating demand for its decentralized trials platform. The new hires include leaders for sales, marketing, strategy and partnerships, with nearly 150 years combined experience in healthcare and technology including prior roles at Novartis, Abbott, Covance, PPD, Medidata, Oracle, IBM, ERT, MedImmune and Otsuka.
Medable recently announced strong momentum in the first half of 2020, as pharma and biotech companies shift clinical trials to digital platforms in response to COVID-19. Medable is driving innovation and adoption globally for decentralized trials, expanding access with direct-to-patient technologies across therapeutic areas. This includes fully virtual trials and hybrid studies to facilitate remote engagement of patients and sites, and collect and unify data from recruitment to trial close. Medable’s platform has been used for trials across a broad range of therapeutic areas, including oncology, dermatology, neurology, endocrinology and antivirals.
New leaders that have joined in the past nine months include:
- Mary Costello, Head of Site and Investigator Network: Mary has 30+ years of healthcare and clinical experience, including leadership roles at Covance, Fisher Clinical Services, eClinical Solutions and Elligo Health Research. She is a founder of BioAustin.
- Rasmus Hogreffe, VP of Decentralized Trial Innovation: Rasmus is a serial entrepreneur and virtual trials advocate who has been involved in more than 60 clinical trials. He most recently served as head of virtual trials at LEO Innovation Lab.
- Steve Lesser, VP of Partner Strategy: Steve is an experienced solutions consultant and partner relationship manager with 20+ years experience including Medidata and IBM. Steve is also a stand-up comic who holds a Ph.D. in neurobiology from Duke.
- Heidi Pfefferkorn, Decentralized Solutions Leader: Heidi is a scientist and technical operations leader with 25+ years experience in clinical development, from clinical supply design to quality assurance and most recently DCT methodologies at Novartis.
- Eric Peper, Executive VP of Sales: Eric has nearly 25 years of sales experience in healthcare and clinical trials, the last 16 at ERT, most recently as global VP of Cardiac, Imaging, and Respiratory Sales.
- David Swanger, Senior VP of Marketing: David is an accomplished SaaS marketing leader with more than 15 years experience at Medidata, Oracle, IBM and Rackspace.
- Ching Tian, Senior VP of Strategy & Solutions: Ching is a clinical data and digital expert with more than 25 years experience including Novartis, PPD, MedImmune and Otsuka.
“We’re thrilled to add more smart, experienced and driven leaders to work closely with our pharma and biotech customers and partners around the world,” said Dr. Michelle Longmire, CEO and co-founder of Medable. “While COVID-19 has clearly accelerated the shift to decentralized trials, we expect the pace to continue as digital platforms become a foundation for all trials—making them much more accessible for patients while cutting the time it takes to bring innovative therapies to market.”
Medable has recruited a diverse and experienced team of digital and biopharma experts globally, with multiple U.S. offices including its Palo Alto headquarters, and global offices in Europe and South America. The company has added more than 30 people so far in 2020 and is currently recruiting for more than 25 open positions.
Medable is on a mission to get effective therapies to patients faster by transforming clinical drug development with disruptive technologies. The company offers a flexible digital platform for decentralized trials, replacing siloed systems with integrated tools, data and interfaces to streamline design, recruitment, retention and data quality. Medable connects patients, sites and clinical trial teams to improve patient access, experience, and outcomes. Medable is a privately held, venture-backed company headquartered in Palo Alto, California. For more information, visit www.medable.com and follow @Medableinc on Twitter.