Mitutoyo America Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the FORMTRACER Avant Series Contour and Surface Roughness measuring system. The FORMTRACER Avant is a revolutionary hybrid measuring system that measures advanced contour and surface roughness features with high precision, speed, flexibility and efficiency in one machine.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201001005006/en/
FORMTRACER Avant (Photo: Business Wire)
- Quick Sensor Exchange Without Turning Off Machine: The first of its kind, the Avant features a unique “Hot Swap” ability to quickly change between surface and contour detector heads without the need of tools or powering off the control unit.
- Stylus Protection Function: New stylus protection function controls the downward movement of the stylus, reducing risk of damaging the stylus tip.
- Easily Add/Retrofit Optional Detectors: All FORMTRACER Avant models can be upgraded and retrofitted with optional detectors for better measuring application versatility.
- Operation Keys Added to Remote Joystick Box: Operation keys are integrated with the remote joystick box, making part programming and work piece set up easier than ever before.
- Best-In-Class Drive Speed: The high-speed drive unit and column axis reduces set-up time, improving efficiency and increasing throughput.
- Unprecedented Versatility: “Hot swapping” heads along with an inclining X-axis drive, double-sided conical stylus for continuous measurements of upper/lower surfaces, and a wide variety of optional accessories to measure nearly any type of workpiece makes the Avant Series one of the most versatile machines of its type.
Mitutoyo Corporation is the world’s largest global provider of measurement and inspection solutions offering the most complete selection of machines, sensors, systems and services with a line encompassing CMM (coordinate measuring machines), vision, form and finish measuring machines, as well as precision tools and instruments, and metrology data management software. Mitutoyo’s nationwide network of Metrology Centers and support operations provides application, calibration, service, repair and educational programs to ensure that our 8,500+ metrology products will deliver measurement solutions for our global customers throughout their lifetime.