MMS Holdings Inc. (MMS) – an award-winning, data-focused CRO – announced that it has been recognized by Corporate LiveWire as the Most Innovative Clinical Research Organization (CRO) in the United States.
As part of their Innovation & Excellence Awards, Corporate LiveWire has identified the pioneers, ground-breakers, trailblazers and out-of-the-box thinkers in 2020. The judges at Corporate LiveWire have taken multiple aspects of success into account when choosing the winners, which include creating new technologies, setting new trends, and evolving industry standards.
“MMS is a data-focused and technology-enabled services company, and our goal is simply to find and fill a need where we see it. Right now, there is a critical need for improvements in productivity and this requires innovation,” said Kelly J. Hill, Executive Director, Global Business Operations and Strategy, MMS and member of the University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) External Advisory Board (EAB). “The pharmaceutical and biotech industry is in the very early stages with artificial intelligence, data science, and technology, and we want to speed up this adoption.”
Recent successes leading to the honor of Most Innovative CRO include:
- solutions to accelerate the development of a treatment for COVID-19 through the issuance of a $1,000,000 grant, an approach in concert with IBM Watson Health to perform database build activities in three days, and collaborations with numerous pharmaceutical companies to propel their COVID-19 vaccines or treatments;
- the launch of Automatiqc, a cloud-based application that bring automation to the effort-intensive document authoring and quality check steps for clinical, regulatory and safety documents;
- the debut of Datacise – a specialized technology platform for the exploration, visualization, analysis, and curation of clinical trial and health data, including real-world data (RWD) analytics that analyzes both traditional and emerging data sources like social media and genomics data channels for use in health data mining;
- the application of machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP), and artificial intelligence (AI) in the continued expansion of TrialAssure – the technology arm of MMS and recognized leader in clinical trial disclosure and data transparency technology, and;
- the expanded strength of a core Innovation Leadership Team (ILT), ensuring open channels of learning and innovation.
Poised for an innovative future
Within MMS, the Innovation Leadership Team (ILT) exists to build and bring forward-thinking innovations to the company. Led by former Experis Solutions and ICON Clinical Research executive, James Balcom, the ILT consists of a diverse set of leaders spanning multiple functional lines and positions within the organization, including IT, project management, biometrics and data science, business operations and client relations, functional service provider (FSP) solutions, medical and regulatory writing, business development, and marketing.
“Innovation is everyone’s responsibility at MMS, and our sense of urgency and leadership (SOUL) philosophy continues to guide this direction,” says Balcom, Director, Innovation and Automation, MMS. “The ILT is equipped with a balanced group of leaders, creators, and intrepreneurs to bring new innovative solutions to life for our sponsor clients.”
This month, MMS has launched its Global Champions of Change Competition (G3C) to solicit added multi-functional innovations from every level of the organization. This inaugural three-month-long program – a direct result of the ILT’s efforts – will culminate in a global, internal pitch competition to determine which new innovative solutions will be explored in 2021 and beyond.
Join an upcoming webinar to learn more from MMS experts on innovative thinking, processes, and technology: www.mmsholdings.com/webinars
About MMS Holdings
MMS is an innovative, data-focused CRO that supports the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries with a proven, scientific approach to complex trial data and regulatory submission challenges. Strong industry experience, technology-enabled services, and a data-driven approach to drug development make MMS a valuable CRO partner, creating compelling submissions that meet rigorous regulatory standards. With a global footprint across four continents, MMS maintains a 97 percent customer satisfaction rating, and the company has been recognized as a leading CRO in Global Health & Pharma’s international awards programs for the last three consecutive years. For more information, visit www.mmsholdings.com or follow MMS on LinkedIn.