The new community event for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 – Operation Apocalypse Z – is available now on Playstation®4, with other platforms to follow. Operation Apocalypse Z unleashes hordes of the undead across the game as it channels the series’ Zombies legacy through updates across the entire game. The new content includes a fan-favorite Specialist “Reaper” who makes its Black Ops 4 debut, three Multiplayer maps, new eerie atmosphere in the Blackout map, and a variety of themed personalization items and gear to acquire. Additionally, players will return to Treyarch’s epic Aether story in the new action-packed Zombies Experience, Alpha Omega.
“We have a team of talented storytellers that have been helping to craft Zombies experiences for more than 10 years, and we wanted to bring that imagination to every mode of Black Ops 4, which is why we’re excited to put Operation Apocalypse Z in player’s hands,” said Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “This is a veteran team that strives to do their best work with each new experience and this is no exception – Operation Apocalypse Z represents a ton of creativity and passion from everyone to really immerse fans in our unique world of the undead.”
“We can’t wait for the Zombies faithful to experience Alpha Omega, which marks the return of the Aether story and the opportunity to play as both the Primis and Ultimis crews – it’s a unique mix of gameplay that has truly been inspired by our community of fans,” said Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “This map is over four times larger and features more dialogue than the Nuketown you’ve played before, and combined with everything else that’s coming in Operation Apocalypse Z, this is our most exciting season to date.”
Operation Apocalypse Z’s free, new content includes:
- New Blackout Updates – As the Zombie apocalypse has begun, sunny skies have departed in favor of something more un-deadly in the main Blackout map. Zombies have leeched most of the life from the landscape forcing the alive to take refuge and survive amongst a deep fog and familiar Zombies sights and sounds. Additionally, the Alcatraz map debuts a nighttime atmospheric change complete with new Zombie enemies. Coming later in the Operation, brand-new Zombie-themed Blackout modes will also debut in the game, including Pandemic and Alcatraz Horde.
- New Specialist – Available now in both Multiplayer and Blackout, Reaper makes its Black Ops 4 debut. Reaper is a cutting-edge combat robot with a robust fighting style wielding the Scythe, a high-powered, two-handed minigun unleashing heavy gunfire. This fan-favorite Specialist is also equipped with a Radar Shroud that prohibits enemies from using their minimap and deploys a scrambling device to block out areas on enemies’ minimap.
- New Black Market Gear – The Black Market has been restocked with a variety of new Zombie-themed Specialist outfits and personalization items, weapon camos and gestures for Operation Apocalypse Z. This includes new weapons like the Reaver C86 Crossbow, Black Ops III’s Argus Shotgun, Daemon 3XB Mastercraft, MOG 12 MKll and Vendetta MKll that players can acquire and master.
- New Zombies Features – Operation Apocalypse Z introduces new Perks and Elixirs across all Zombies maps, providing new variations on gameplay once they’re equipped and activated.
In addition to the Operation Apocalypse Z free content, owners of the Black Ops Pass gain access to more new content, available first on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system:
- New Multiplayer Map, Der Schatten – A snowy map set in a village high in the Austrian Alps that sits in the shadows of the castle from the Aether story Zombies experience, “Der Eisendrache.” Combat takes place in a combination of bright and dark areas pushing player to fight in close quarters.
- New Multiplayer Map, Remnant – A large-sized map set in the “The Museum of Unnatural History” deep in the Louisiana marshes where historical relics thirst for chaos and blood. Complete with a portal that can transport players to opposite sides of the map, Remnant is structured for mid-ranged combat where longer sightlines flank the exterior of the museum.
- Remastered Multiplayer Map, Havana – Reimagined from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, Havana is a medium-sized map set in a sunny Cuban city during the Cold War tensions. The map is designed in a Z-shape resulting in a combination of close and long-ranged firefights.
- New Zombies Experience, Alpha Omega – Continuing the Aether storyline, Alpha Omega lets players jump in as the original, fan-favorite Zombies characters from both the Primis and Ultimis cast, playable together for the first time ever. This allows fans to gain new insight into the ever-twisting story as the timelines converge. Players will fight off hordes of new Zombie enemies, solve challenges, and discover new Easter eggs in a wild experience up to the very end.
The Black Ops Pass* is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Digital Deluxe Enhanced Edition, the Pro Edition, and the Mystery Box Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and can also be purchased standalone digitally or at participating retailers.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is published by Activision and developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven Software and PC development with Beenox. For the latest intel check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @CallofDuty and @Treyarch on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. The game is rated M for Mature (Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Strong Language).
*Black Ops Pass (BOP) content is not final, is subject to change, and may not include all downloadable content available for the game. BOP content may not be available in all countries, and pricing and release dates may vary by platform. BOP content should be downloaded from the in-game store only; do not purchase separately, or you will be charged again. BOP content may be sold separately.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty®: Black Ops series of games an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty®: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and Call of Duty®: Black Ops III held the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is the studio’s most recent release. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world and is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), an S&P 500 company. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com or by following @Activision.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future, including statements about the expected availability, features, functionality, events and content for Operation Apocalypse Z and the Black Ops Pass, are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include unanticipated product delays and other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.