Oral-B, the industry leader in oral care innovation, today unveiled the most revolutionary technology in its history with the Oral-B iO™. Introduced at a press conference hosted by parent company Procter & Gamble during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, the Oral-B iO™ signals the latest addition to the brand’s impressive line of power toothbrushes. Further validating the product’s exemplary design and engineering, the Oral-B iO™ was given the distinction of being one of this year’s CES Innovation Award Honorees, an annual accolade that recognizes outstanding new consumer technology products.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200105005054/en/
A CES Innovation Award 2020 Honoree, the new Oral-B iO™ reimagines brushing from the inside out, delivering superior design, performance and experience for a professional clean feeling every day. (Photo: Business Wire)
Oral-B iO™ is a new power toothbrush series that has been reimagined and redesigned from the inside out, combining best-ever clinical performance with a superior user experience, making it one of the industry’s most advanced brushing products. Oral-B iO™ was designed as a result of insights collected from more than six years of product research and development and over 250 patents from around the world. Oral-B iO™ uniquely features a frictionless magnetic drive, which distributes energy more efficiently to the tips of the bristles, resulting in a smooth, quiet, sensational cleaning experience. The new magnetic drive delivers cleaning energy to the redesigned iO brush head, which has been engineered to combine oscillating and rotating cleaning motions with micro-vibrations for a professional clean feel.
“There is nothing like the Oral-B iO™. It introduces a new era in brushing and is a monumental leap in innovative oral care technology,” said Steve Bishop, P&G Health Care CEO. “The result of years of expert development, Oral-B iO™ strikes the right balance between effectiveness and experience and reimagines how a brush performs, cleans and feels. It is a brush that people will look forward to using and will deliver superior oral health.”
As a result of input from more than 1,800 consumers, the Oral-B iO™ includes five key pillars of design features and experience capabilities:
- Linear Magnetic Drive: created from the need to deliver a more effective and enjoyable brushing routine. Producing controlled, harmonious movements, the quiet and frictionless linear drive system efficiently transfers more energy directly to the bristle tips.
- Superior Cleaning Action and Redesigned Brush Head: Oral-B iO™ brush heads combine oscillating, rotating movements with micro-vibrations to ensure a deep clean that reaches every contour. The brush head has been redesigned with twisted bristles, and reinforced with high-density tuft-in-tuft configuration, for a sensational brushing experience.
- Bimodal Smart Pressure Sensor: an innovation that is the first of its kind to provide positive brushing feedback, identifying and guiding users to brush in the optimal pressure range. The Sensor features a variable-speed smart drive that adjusts frequency to protect gums and enamel.
- Smart Display with Personalized Brushing Modes: an intuitive interface that greets users, while also providing coaching and motivation throughout the cleaning process. Features up to seven brush modes for a highly personalized experience.
- Artificial Intelligence Tracking via the Oral-B iO™ App: provides real-time individual tracking and coaching, thanks to artificial intelligence informed by thousands of recorded brushing sessions. Oral-B iO™ has a simple and intuitive user interface that guides consumers through a two-minute brushing session with 3D teeth tracking to ensure a professional clean feeling every time.
“Oral-B iO™ goes beyond being a new toothbrush – it is an innovative brushing technology with a truly sensorial experience that users will feel, hear and see, transforming the act of brushing teeth from something they have to do into something they actually want to do,” said Lisa Ernst, P&G VP Global Health Care R&D. “Six years of dedicated research were undertaken with dental professionals to discover a wholly original brushing experience.”
In clinical tests, Oral-B iO™ provided a deeper cleaning of teeth and gums, allowing users to easily and effectively maintain oral health. When compared to manual toothbrushes, Oral-B iO™ users experienced:
- 100 percent healthier gums in just one week
- Six times more plaque removal along the gumline
- 83 percent of gingivitis patients moved from unhealthy to healthy gums in eight weeks
The new Oral-B iO™ will be available for purchase beginning in August 2020. For more information about Oral-B iO™, visit oralb.io. To join the Oral-B iO™ waitlist and be among the first to receive it, visit oralb.io/sign-up.
Oral-B® is the worldwide leader in the over $5 billion brushing market. Part of the Procter & Gamble Company, the brand includes manual and electric toothbrushes for children and adults, oral irrigators and interdental products, such as dental floss.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Artificial Intelligencery®, Febreze®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.