Origami Risk, the industry-leading risk, safety and insurance Software as a Service (SaaS) technology firm, has developed a free comprehensive guide for healthcare executives evaluating risk management information systems (RMIS).
“A healthcare RMIS should help drive process, communication and transparency across all areas and functions within an organization,” said Bill Schwacke, Healthcare Practice Lead at Origami Risk. “From risk management, to patient safety and quality, to employee health and safety, a healthcare RMIS will help to put timely information and data in front of the right people at the right time.
“Today’s integrated healthcare RMIS unify data from across the organization, facilitating greater collaboration, efficiency, faster and better decision-making, and improved performance,” he added.
In addition to listing the wide range of challenges the latest generation of healthcare RMIS are designed to address, the 13-page guide discusses several key considerations for healthcare executives in evaluating the RMIS capabilities and functionality. They include:
- determining whether a system is readily configurable to meet a healthcare entity’s varied needs and requirements;
- assessing if it can be integrated with other existing healthcare information systems;
- evaluating its scalability to meet a healthcare entity’s evolving needs or requirements;
- carefully reviewing the security of both the system and vendor to ensure compliance with HIPAA and protect against vulnerabilities;
- checking how quickly individuals will be able to get fully up to speed using data tools and analytical resources relevant to their areas of responsibility; and
- assessing the quality of training and support services provided by the vendor.
To obtain a free copy of the Origami guide, “Selecting a RMIS for Healthcare Organizations,” visit: https://www.origamirisk.com/resources/ebook/selecting-rmis-healthcare-organizations.
About Origami Risk
Origami Risk is a leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for the risk, safety, and insurance industry — from corporate and public entities to brokers and risk consultants, insurers, third party claims administrators (TPAs), and risk pools. Highly configurable and completely scalable, Origami Risk delivers a full suite of risk management tools and insurance core system solutions from a secure, cloud-based platform accessible via web browser and mobile app. Visit origamirisk.com or contact Origami at firstname.lastname@example.org.