Colorado State University (CSU), has updated June’s hurricane season report predicting 14 named storms, six hurricanes, and two major hurricanes in 2019. It only takes one to disrupt your life. GEICO wants to help you minimize your exposure and prepare for any hurricane season with the following helpful tips.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190711005073/en/
GEICO Hurricane Preparation Tips (Graphic: Business Wire)
- Determine your risk – While the brunt of a hurricane’s force often strikes coastal areas, its effects can reach hundreds of miles inland.
- Create an evacuation plan – Identify a safe place. It doesn’t have to be hours away as long as it’s out of the danger zone. Discuss how you will communicate should you become separated from your family and plan to get in touch with relatives.
- Create a home inventory – Make an inventory list and photograph your possessions. This will help to substantiate any losses and speed up the claims process if needed. Save important documents on your smartphone so they’ll be handy if needed.
- Build a disaster kit – Include three days of water, medications, toiletries, cash, charging cables, blankets, batteries, and a radio. Add food when needed. Don’t forget pet supplies.
- Fill your gas tank – If you need to evacuate, you want enough gas to get out of town.
- Avoid any low-lying areas – Park your vehicle on higher ground.
- Protect your car in a garage or parking shelter.
If you have a loss, please report it as quickly as possible, using GEICO Mobile. Log in at GEICO.com or call (800) 841-3000 24 hours a day. Learn about GEICO’s Catastrophe Response Team and how we service severe storms. Please click the links for more detailed information on safe driving in the heavy rain and getting your home Flood-Ready.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company), the second-largest auto insurer in the U.S., was founded in 1936 and insures more than 28 million vehicles. For more than 80 years, the company has worked to make people’s lives better by protecting policyholders against unexpected events. As GEICO has grown, it has delivered money-saving coverage and outstanding customer service to policyholders through its investment in human resources and technology. GEICO is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. GEICO also provides homeowners, renters, condo, flood, identity theft and term life coverages through non-affiliated insurance companies secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. Commercial auto and personal umbrella coverages are also available. GEICO has a national workforce of 40,000 associates. GEICO sales representatives throughout the country are licensed insurance agents in order to help guide customers through coverage decisions. To make changes, report claims, print insurance cards and/or purchase additional products, policyholders can access their insurance policy here, connect via GEICO Mobile or by phone. Sales and service is also available at GEICO Local Offices. Visit www.geico.com for a quote or to learn more.