Qumulo, the leading provider of enterprise-proven hybrid cloud file storage, today announced software advancements that enable enterprises to integrate modern file storage while seamlessly meeting organizational security and access standards already in place.
“Qumulo’s software is designed from the ground up to help enterprises unlock the value of file data that is often spread across multiple data centers and in the cloud. Our distributed file system enables customers to have instant visibility to large, unstructured data sets and scale-across on-prem and the cloud,” said Ben Gitenstein, vice president, product management, for Qumulo. “Our software releases over the past quarter allow us to adapt, reprioritize, and respond as customer and market conditions evolve, and in turn deliver superior value for our customers in the form of new features.”
“As unstructured file data volumes continue to grow dramatically, businesses can’t afford to waste valuable time waiting on software updates with new functionality to solve new challenges,” said Patrick Osborne, vice president and general manager, Big Data and Secondary Storage, at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “The combination of Qumulo’s hybrid cloud file storage, together with HPE Apollo servers, provides large enterprises with reliable, high performance and cost-effective file storage at petabyte scale.”
Through the last quarter, Qumulo’s agile development process introduced the following enhancements to all of its users:
Enterprise & Security:
- Alternate Data Streams – Increase data access across both Windows and Mac environments by enabling files to receive more than one stream of data
- Audit Tracking – Easily view who has accessed, modified, or deleted files
- Enhanced Replication – Have confidence in the integrity of your data during a disaster by getting to a consistent known state with minimal impact to the business
- Mac OS X Finder Enhancements – Display performance is now 10 times faster than SMB display performance. Improved file management with the “._hidden” files no longer being created and the “finder tags” being retain with their tags when copied.
- IO Assurance – Balance performance during a drive rebuild
- C5n clusters now available in AWS
- Enhanced Real-Time Analytics – Visibility into capacity usage and trends for snapshots, metadata, and data independently
- Refreshed Management Interface – Easy-to-use user interface that is even more intuitive, making it simple to gather results at-a-glance
- Upgrade Path Options – Take control of when you want to access new features. Move between biweekly and quarterly upgrade paths flexibly
- File Storage Built for the Hybrid Cloud
- Technology Overview: Qumulo’s File System
- Data Sheet: Unleash the Power of Your File-Based Data
- Video: The Power of File Storage in the Cloud
- Blog Post: Eight Common Storage Pains and Ways to Resolve Them
- Blog Post: Delivering Customer Success Versus Customer Support
- Try Qumulo’s Hybrid Cloud File Storage
Suggested Tweet: Qumulo Announces Enterprise File Storage Feature Enhancements http://bit.ly/30EgLVM
About Qumulo, Inc.
Qumulo is the leader in enterprise-proven hybrid cloud file storage, providing real-time visibility, scale and control of your data across on-prem and the cloud. Qumulo’s real-time analytics enable customers to understand their storage at a granular level, detect bottlenecks and accelerate performance. Built to scale across the data center and cloud, Qumulo’s software-defined file system enables programmatic configuration and management of usage, capacity and performance. Qumulo has completely redefined customer success by continuously delighting customers with new capabilities, 100 percent-usable capacity and direct access to experts. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Qumulo and the Qumulo logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Qumulo, Inc. All other marks and names herein may be trademarks of other companies. Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved.