According to the Texas Apartment Association, four out of 10 Texas households live in rental housing. Whether it’s leasing a high-rise apartment in the city or renting a single-family home or duplex in a hip neighborhood, Reliant has a new solution for this growing population. Today, the electricity provider announced the availability of its new RentReady by Reliant digital platform designed to make renters’ lives easier by providing same-day electricity service, splitting bills among multiple tenants, managing accounts via an app and more.
“We’ve listened to our customers who choose to rent or lease rather than own their apartment or home and designed RentReady with their unique needs in mind – everything is about convenience, flexibility and innovative tools that make life easier,” said Elizabeth Killinger, president of Reliant. “With Texas’ thriving economy and some of the fastest-growing metro areas in the U.S., we continue to see an influx of people moving to our great state and that means new renters in the market. At Reliant, we’re always working on simple solutions to help customers simplify and control their energy at home.”
Reliant’s RentReady platform will feature several tools and benefits that make renting easier, including:
- Same-day service connection for customers who sign up by 5 p.m.
- Ability to split the bill among roommates and pay from multiple debit or credit cards.
- Account management and payment through the Reliant App, which features electricity usage tracking, automated text and email alerts, and even bill projections so there are no surprises.
- Access to the latest Google Nest products and plans to outfit new apartments and homes with smart home technology.
- A customized, competitively priced electricity plan tailored to lease terms.
- A quick and easy way to get a free quote for renter’s insurance via Assurant.
For more information about the RentReady platform, please visit the RentReady webpage.
About Reliant, an NRG company
Reliant powers, protects and simplifies life by bringing electricity, smart energy solutions, residential services and security to homes and businesses across Texas. Serving customers and the community is at the core of what we do. Reliant is part of NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG), a Fortune 500 company that creates value through best-in-class operations and reliable and efficient electric generation. Backed by a diverse portfolio of power generating facilities, NRG’s retail companies, including Reliant, power more than 3 million customers in 10 states and the District of Columbia. NRG retail brands collectively are the largest providers of electricity in Texas. For more information about Reliant, please visit reliant.com and connect with Reliant on Facebook at facebook.com/reliantenergy and Twitter @reliantenergy. PUCT Certificate #10007.