A new report released today by Remote, an HR technology startup making global employment accessible for companies of all sizes, spotlights 75 influential figures for their impact on and contributions to remote work. The 2021 Remote Influencer Report outlines three types of influencers—Innovators, Enablers, and Accelerators—and their impressive accomplishments around the remote workplace revolution. The list aims to help companies, business leaders, workers, and recruiters gain useful insights and best practices on remote work.
“Our main goal at Remote is to make global hiring easier for companies, and this report is an additional resource to make research around all things remote work easier for business leaders and employees,” says Job van der Voort, co-founder and CEO of Remote. “While the Innovators and Enablers play an important role in creating the accessibility and foundation for remote work to be successful, this global shift wouldn’t be happening without the Accelerators – they’re the ones implementing the insights and tools and changing the game for the future of work.”
Five of the top influencers from each category have been listed below. The full report and list of influencers can be found here.
Innovators: Remote Innovators have blazed the trail and laid the foundation for the global shift to remote work.
- Rowena Hennigan, Lecturer in Remote Work at TU Dublin
- Adam Grant, Organizational Psychologist
- Matt Mullenweg, CEO of Automattic
- Jeanne Meister, Founder of Future Workplace Academy
- Darren Murph, Head of Remote at GitLab
Enablers: Remote Enablers have created remote work tools and provided the coaching and training for others to facilitate a successful transition to remote work.
- Amir Salihefendi, Founder & CEO at Doist
- Andrea Valeria, Remote Jobs Specialist at ItsATravelOD
- Andreas Klinger, Investor at Remote First Capital and CTO at On Deck
- Monica Kang, Founder at InnovatorsBox
- Nadia Rawlinson, Chief People Officer at Slack
Accelerators: Remote Accelerators are HR leaders at major companies, leading business journalists, and business leaders, using the insights from Innovators and tools from Enablers to establish remote work for the long term.
- Ellyn Shook, Chief Leadership and Human Resources Officer at Accenture
- Gloria Chen, Chief People Officer & EVP of Employee Experience at Adobe
- Beth Galetti, Senior Vice President of Human Resources at Amazon
- Jessica Davies, Managing Editor on Future of Work at Digiday Media
- Micah Alpern, Partner with People Advisory Services at EY
Remote is the world’s top self-serve platform for global payroll, tax, benefits and compliance.
Remote helps companies of all sizes employ workers anywhere in the world in minutes through the Remote platform. Founded in 2019 by Job van der Voort (former VP of Product at GitLab) and Marcelo Lebre (former VP of Engineering at Unbabel), Remote is a fully distributed company with employees based in more than 20 countries on six continents. For more information, visit www.remote.com.