Johnson Controls, the global leader for smart and sustainable buildings, today announced that Sensormatic Solutions, its leading global retail solutions portfolio, expanded its Shrink Management as a Service offerings with new capabilities to help retailers enhance their loss prevention strategies. SMaaS includes device management and predictive analytics which reduces shrink, optimizes staffing and improves sales.
“With global retail shrink on the rise, the retail landscape is rapidly changing, and smart loss prevention technology is more critical than ever. SMaaS helps manage shrink in an effective and timely way,” said Craig Szklany, vice president, global solutions management and marketing, Sensormatic Solutions. “Based on our retail customers’ needs, we’ve added new and enhanced capabilities to help solve real-world loss prevention challenges. With device management, predictive analytics and actionable insights, SMaaS allows retailers to spend more time and resources on improving store performance and creating a better customer experience.”
Here are the new and enhanced capabilities from SMaaS:
- A mobile-optimized user interface features intuitive navigation, which allows retailers to access SMaaS anywhere, on any device.
- A new occupancy widget uses retailers’ existing electronic article surveillance (EAS) infrastructure to track occupancy patterns based on user-defined thresholds. Retailers can identify times of increased traffic to manage staff and customers accordingly. This function also helps retailers adhere to local occupancy regulations and social distancing guidelines.
- Seamless integration with Sensormatic Solutions RF pedestals, as well as exacqVideo integration provides video device health monitoring, and allows retailers to view video clips of alarms associated with EAS and ORC events.
Additional benefits of SMaaS:
- Predictive analytics helps reduce shrink and provides more insight into root causes to stop loss before it happens.
- 24/7/365 monitoring of all connected EAS devices ensures systems are online and functioning properly.
- Detailed insights improve merchandising and loss prevention efforts for maximum on-shelf availability.
- Data helps optimize staffing during peak alarm times, allows more focus on the customer experiences and identifies any training gaps.
- Geo-mapping helps identify Organized Retail Crime (ORC) patterns.
Sensormatic Solutions continuously enhances SMaaS to provide rich data visualization and alert notification mechanisms to help retailers focus on stores and situations that matter the most. Additional third-party integrations and advanced capabilities are coming soon. For more information about SMaaS, please click here.
To learn how U.K. supermarket chain ASDA is using SMaaS to solve real-world problems, read our case study here.
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 100,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Sensormatic Solutions
Sensormatic Solutions is the leading global retail solutions portfolio of Johnson Controls enabling smart and connected shopper engagement. By combining critical insights into retail inventory, shopper traffic and loss prevention, Sensormatic Solutions powers operational excellence at scale and helps create unique shopping experiences. Our solutions deliver real-time visibility and predictive analytics for accurate decision-making across the enterprise, enabling retailers to confidently move into the future. With more than 1.5 million data collection devices in the retail marketplace, we capture 40 billion shopper visits and track and protect billions of items each year. Our retail portfolio features the premier Sensormatic, ShopperTrak and TrueVUE brands. Please visit Sensormatic Solutions or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel.