Signal Sciences, the fastest growing web application security company in the world, today announced that it was named a January 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Web Application Firewalls (WAF). The distinction recognizes the highest rated Web Application Firewalls solutions on the market as reviewed by enterprise customers, and Signal Sciences has been named two times in a row. As of February 18, 2020, enterprise IT professionals gave Signal Sciences WAF an average of 5.0 out of 5.0 stars out of 141 reviews — the highest overall rating in the WAF market on Gartner Peer Insights.
Visit Signal Sciences at the RSA conference Booth #461 on February 24-27, 2020, in San Francisco to learn more. For more information, visit https://www.signalsciences.com/blog/rsa-conference-2020-human-element/.
With a 98 percent recommendation rate (according to the February 10 Gartner Peer Insights “Voice of the Customer” Web Application Firewalls report1), Signal Sciences is the strategic partner of choice for actual users who have purchased, implemented, and used a WAF solution. Gartner Peer Insights reviews that contributed to the company’s recognition include these highlights:
- “Great experience with Signal Sciences as a vendor. The evaluation process was easy and straightforward, the proof-of-concept phase required very little work and enhanced our evaluation process, and then the real-world implementation process took less than a day and we implemented straight into blocking mode (vs. monitoring for weeks and months).” — head of information security, finance industry
- “Signal Sciences redefines Web Application Firewalls! The deployment is simple, application security is streamlined, and the user interface is intuitive. It enables DevOps and security practitioners to truly partner on security in a way that every other application security tool has failed in. The evolution of the tool in the past few years has been tremendous and we eagerly await how SigSci will continue to evolve.” — vice president of security and risk management, media industry
- “Signal Sciences is really great for a resource constrained team to drop in place providing immediate protection with very low risk of stopping legitimate traffic. I have worked with many WAF solutions and typically the scariest thing about turning it on is preventing legitimate traffic and souring the customer experience.” — senior DevOps engineer, healthcare industry
- “Dynamite support and easy integration. This product just works. Integration is super simple as is the UI. As a retail company, any attack on our web sites can be catastrophic, especially during the Christmas season. Signal Sciences gives us protection where we need it and they take out the worry.” — web developer, retail industry
“Today’s announcement marks the second time that Signal Sciences has been named a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice,” said Andrew Peterson, CEO of Signal Sciences. “We have a culture that is completely obsessed with customer satisfaction, so we view this as a significant sign that we’re doing our jobs right. We know how hard our customers work to secure their business, and we are always there to support them.”
We believe the 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice distinction is the latest validation for Signal Sciences’ innovation in the WAF market. Fast and easy to implement, the next-gen solution protects more than 32,000 cloud-native, legacy, and serverless applications and over a trillion production requests per month. Organizations across all industries deploy Signal Sciences to protect their most critical web applications, APIs, and microservices against the full spectrum of threats, including OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities such as SQLi and XSS, as well as account takeovers, brute force attacks, bad bots, and application abuse and misuse, among others.
In addition to customer recognition, Signal Sciences was recently named a Visionary in the September 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls2 report. Gartner’s independent research report evaluated Signal Sciences next-gen WAF solution, and placed the company in the furthest position for completeness of vision in the Visionaries quadrant.
To learn more about the Signal Sciences next-gen WAF and RASP solution, visit: www.signalsciences.com.
- Read the company’s blog to learn more about this announcement
About Gartner Peer Insights:
Peer Insights is an online platform of ratings and reviews of IT software and services that are written and read by IT professionals and technology decision-makers. The goal is to help IT leaders make more insightful purchase decisions and help technology providers improve their products by receiving objective, unbiased feedback from their customers. Gartner Peer Insights includes more than 215,000 verified reviews in more than 340 markets. For more information, please visit www.gartner.com/reviews/home.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Signal Sciences
Signal Sciences is the fastest growing web application security company in the world. With its award-winning next-gen WAF and RASP solution, Signal Sciences protects more than 32,000 applications and over a trillion production requests per month. Signal Sciences patented architecture provides organizations working in a modern development environment with comprehensive and scalable threat protection and security visibility. The company works with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, like Under Armour, Aflac, and WeWork, across industries, including five of the top ecommerce companies, five of the largest software companies, in addition to many others in the financial services, retail, healthcare, media and entertainment, and government sectors. Signal Sciences is also the recipient of InfoWorld’s Technology of the Year and Computing’s DevOps Excellence Award for Best DevOps Security Tool. For more information, visit Signal Sciences or follow @SignalSciences.
1Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Web Application Firewalls, Peer Contributors, February 10, 2020
2Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls” by Jeremy D’Hoinne, Adam Hils, Claudio Neiva, Rajpreet Kaur, 17 September 2019