Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NasdaqGS: SIMO) (“Silicon Motion”), a global leader in NAND Flash controllers and solid-state storage devices, today announced it will be presenting at the upcoming Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, CA from Aug 6th to 8th. Featured at the event will be an array of new industry-leading SSD controller and storage solutions for enterprise/data center, client SSD controller solutions for personal computing, UFS controllers for mobile and single-chip SSD, eMMC and UFS for industrial/automotive applications.
Silicon Motion has shipped over 160 million client SSD controllers in the last 3 years and has leveraged our client SSD controller expertise to enter the enterprise/data center market, supplying complete enterprise solutions including SSD controllers, NVMe SSD solutions, single-chip SSDs for boot drive, AFA and software-defined storage. With our comprehensive knowledge of NAND characteristics, flexible ASIC/Firmware design capabilities and our proprietary NANDXtend™ ECC technology which integrates error recovery functionality with a machine learning algorithm, our enterprise storage solutions deliver high performance and prolong data retention to improve QoS.
The new controllers and storage solutions to be displayed at Silicon Motion’s Flash Memory Summit booth #413 include:
SSD Controllers for Enterprise / Data Center
- SM2270: PCIe Gen3 x8 NVMe 1.3 SSD controller supported with standard turnkey NVMe and Open Channel firmware
- SM8108: Optimized QoS PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe 1.3 SSD controller
- SM2271: SATA 6Gb/s SSD controller enabling the highest capacity and performance SATA enterprise SSDs
SSD Solutions and Software Defined Storage for Enterprise
- Shannon OCS Venice: Open Channel SSD
- Shannon Key Value SSD: Native KV Interface SSD
- FerriSSD: PCIe NVMe single-chip SSD for boot drive
- Bigtera VirtualStor Extreme: Ultra-high performance scale-out all flash-storage platform
The exhibit will also include:
SSD Controllers for Personal Computing
- SM2267/SM2264: PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe 1.3 SSD controller
- SM2262EN/SM2263EN/SM2263XT: PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe 1.3 SSD controller
- SM2259/SM2259XT: SATA 6Gb/s SSD controller
- SM3282: USB 3.2 Gen 1 Portable SSD controller
UFS Controller for Mobile
- SM2754: UFS 3.1 controller for embedded UFS, uMCP and UFS card
Single-Chip SSD, eMMC and UFS for Industrial and Automotive
- FerriSSD: PCIe NVMe/SATA/PATA single-chip SSD
- Ferri-eMMC: eMMC 5.1 single chip solution
- Ferri-UFS: UFS 2.1 single chip solution
Silicon Motion representatives will also be presenting at Flash Memory Summit forums. For further information, please visit http://www.siliconmotion.com/edm/FMS2019/FMS2019.html.
About Silicon Motion:
We are the global leader in supplying NAND flash controllers for solid state storage devices and the merchant leader in supplying SSD controllers. We have the broadest portfolio of controller technologies and our controllers are widely used in embedded storage products such as SSDs and eMMC+UFS devices, which are found in smartphones, PCs and commercial and industrial applications. We have shipped over six billion NAND controllers in the last ten years, more than any other company in the world. We also supply customized high-performance hyperscale data center and industrial SSD solutions. Our customers include most of the NAND flash vendors, storage device module makers and leading OEMs. For further information on Silicon Motion, visit us at www.siliconmotion.com.