Tech Data recognized 12 winners for its 2020 Vendor of the Year awards for the Americas region as part of its annual Vendor Summit event. The annual awards program recognizes strategic vendors for innovative products and solutions. For 2020, nominees and award winners were selected for demonstrating the Tech Data values and showcasing a strong commitment to Tech Data, its channel partners, and the IT industry.
The event and awards ceremony was a two-day, virtual affair, keeping with the digital pivot of 2020. More than 400 channel partners logged in to get Tech Data leaders’ perspectives about what lies ahead in 2021. Annual conference topics for 2020 included: market drivers shaping the channel, Tech Data channel strategies, capabilities, and marketing-enablement services for the coming year.
“This was an extraordinary year for so many reasons. Businesses needed to transform fast just to survive digitally. The technology channel made this possible. I’m proud and grateful for the exceptional collaboration Tech Data has with our entire community of vendors,” said John O’Shea, president, Tech Data Americas. “Together, we helped mutual partners and the businesses they serve in a critical moment.”
The 2020 Tech Data Vendor of the Year award winners are:
- Transformational Vendor of the Year: Cisco
- Modern Marketing Vendor of the Year: Microsoft OEM
- LAC Vendor Representative of the Year: Domingo Alonso, Lenovo
- LAC Vendor Partner of the Year: Lenovo
- Security Vendor of the Year: Fortinet
- Analytics & IoT Vendor of the Year: Intel
- Cloud Vendor of the Year: IBM
- Emerging Vendor of the Year: Cohesity
- Leadership Choice: Vendor Rep of the Year: Michael Williams (Veeam)
- Sales Choice Vendor Rep of the Year: Christina Fransk (Lenovo)
- Advanced Solutions Vendor of the Year: NetApp
- Endpoint Solutions Vendor of the Year: Lenovo
“What we achieved in 2020 was possible because of our vendors and their stand-out teams. The Vendor Summit awards are one small way we can extend well-deserved recognition and gratitude,” said O’Shea. “On behalf of all of Tech Data, thank you for helping to deliver excellent experiences to our channel partners.”
Click to tweet: .@Tech_Data honors 2020 Vendors of the Year at #BraveBoldConnected Vendor Summit 2020. Congratulations to all the winners!
About Tech Data
Tech Data connects the world with the power of technology. Our end-to-end portfolio of products, services and solutions, highly specialized skills, and expertise in next-generation technologies enable channel partners to bring to market the products and solutions the world needs to connect, grow and advance. Tech Data is ranked No. 90 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 11 straight years. To find out more, visit www.techdata.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.