Unstoppable Domains, a company building blockchain domain names, is announcing the launch of a Google Chrome extension to deliver censorship-resistant websites. Following the recent launch of its Unstoppable Blockchain Browser, Unstoppable Domains’ Chrome extension catalyzes its use case to decentralize the internet further.
Unstoppable Domains co-founder Brad Kam explained, “The decentralized web should work just like the regular web, with the applications you are accustomed to using. Downloading our extension gives you full access to the decentralized web from within Chrome.”
To access censorship-resistant websites within the Google Chrome extension, users need only type in a .crypto domain into Chrome and browse decentralized websites as easily as they can search and browse a .com. Unstoppable Domains’ extension leverages the functionality of Google Chrome to enable seamless access to the decentralized web.
Early use cases for decentralization include:
- Decentralized crypto exchanges (DEX): facilitate p2p transactions free of third-party restriction (e.g.: nexusdex.crypto and alondex.crypto)
- Crypto personalities: launching personal pages with official links, crypto addresses, and content (e.g.: Hashoshi.crypto, CryptoLark.crypto, TimDraper.crypto)
- Media: storing and sharing podcast files on the decentralized web (e.g.: Offthechain.crypto and POV.crypto)
Blockchain domains are different from regular domains in key ways:
- No Custodian – Domains are stored by the owner. No 3rd party can move or seize them.
- Payments – Domains can be used as a payment gateway for cryptocurrency payments. These are cheap, almost instant, and can be sent anywhere in the world.
- Censorship resistant websites – No company, government, or other group can take a website unless they are the owner of it
- No Renewals – Pay once and it’s yours … forever
To learn more, visit unstoppabledomains.com/browser
About Unstoppable Domains
Unstoppable Domains is a San Francisco-based company building domains on blockchains. The company is backed by Draper Associates and Boost VC and has received grants from the Ethereum Foundation and Zilliqa Foundation.