Wibbitz, the leading online video creation company, today released the findings of its latest research Explore Instagram Video: How to convert, engage, & get more Instagram followers with video, revealing trends in Instagram usage, audience behaviors and video preferences. Wibbitz surveyed 1,000 respondents from the US, UK and France – a majority of which spend over an hour on Instagram each day, with 69% of their time on the platform spent watching videos. Users spending over an hour watching videos on Instagram were found to be 19% more likely to name Instagram as their favorite social media platform.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190924005097/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
Instagram continues to further cement itself as the fastest-growing social media network in the US, and video is proving itself to be instrumental in the platform’s success.
The study revealed actionable insights on Instagram user preferences and video viewing behavior that can be used to maximize audience engagement on Instagram:
- 95% of Gen Z, 86% of Millennials, 66% of Gen X, and 69% of Baby Boomers are currently using Instagram
- 80% of Instagram users name ‘How-to videos’ as their favorite type of Instagram video content
- Gen Z users follow more TV & Movie accounts on the platform, whereas Millennials follow more Food & Drink accounts
- Users watch the most video within the Instagram Feed, followed by Instagram Stories and IGTV
- 42% of Millennials have made a purchase directly after watching a video ad on Instagram
- Over a quarter of Instagram users follow new brand accounts they discover on Instagram Explore at least once a month
“Instagram has clearly been investing in developing its platform to become more video-centric, with the instant success of Instagram Stories and IGTV,” said Zohar Dayan, CEO and Co-Founder at Wibbitz. “The rise in video viewership among younger generations has been well-documented, bringing us closer to a video-first web. As Instagram continues to become audiences’ preferred destination for instantly gratifying video content, it’s critical for brands and publishers to build an Instagram video strategy that is both flexible and scalable – to easily adapt to new innovations in video, and leverage its existing capabilities to their fullest potential.”
Get a free copy of the report findings here.