The ZW3D team made many efforts to optimize the underlying architecture and extend the application capabilities, which resulted in increased flexibility and efficiency.
New features include:
- Rough Offset can be used to create offset surfaces based on the product model, accelerating casting, packaging, and sheet metal design.
- PARTsolutions add-in has been upgraded with 17 national standards, helping users meet the production requirements of different countries.
- Assembly design is more flexible and efficient. First, the well-defined components can move within a specific range. Moreover, the defined constraints can be retained when a component is moved across levels. Last, the fasteners can be assembled by Auto Hole Match or With Layout.
- Cooling loop design is faster because users can adjust parameters with a dynamic preview. Other mold parts like groove, taper lock, runner, etc. can also be created intuitively, making mold design more efficient.
- Electrode design is quickened. Multiple electrode blanks can be created in batches. Dynamic Circle helps users quickly judge whether or not to insert an electrode at a specific location. Bill of Electrodes and Electrode Engraving are also supported.
- 2 to 3-axis milling has been enhanced. Surface Engraving has been added in 2-axis milling to conduct lettering and remove burrs of parts. In 3-axis milling, 3D Constant Step Size is supported in Z level operation, allowing users to create smoother 3D surfaces. What’s more, toolpath calculation is now faster by utilizing multi-cores.
- Full Machine Simulation supports simulation of the actual machining process by taking the kinematic models of machines into account, so as to detect potential issues and ensure manufacturability.
ZW3D, an all-in-one CAD/CAM solution designed for the complete product development process, features the fast kernel for Solid-surface Hybrid Modeling, non-solid mold parting, and smart CNC Machining tactics from 2-axis to 5-axis.