Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced the launch of the ZyWALL ATP100 Firewall, an advanced firewall designed for small businesses. The ATP100 draws real-time intelligence from a continually-expanding global database of cybersecurity threat data to provide businesses with an unprecedented level of protection from the risk of cyberattacks.
Designed for small businesses with fewer than 25 employees, the new ZyWALL ATP100 Firewall leverages Zyxel’s cloud-based security services to provide multi-layer protection against a wide range of threats, such as attacks from botnets, malware, web attacks, exploits, and sources of spam. A continuously growing database of global threat information is analyzed by an AI-driven algorithm to identify and stop active threats before they can spread.
Features and Benefits of the ZyWALL ATP100 Firewall:
- Self-Evolving Cloud Intelligence: Unknown files and user patterns from all deployed Zyxel ATP firewalls are added to the threat database and the most top-ranked threat signatures are pushed into all ATP firewalls giving them a seamless defense shield against new unknown threats. Real-time cloud device synchronization feeds a continuously-growing, self-evolving defense ecosystem that adapts to external attacks and keeps all ATP firewalls in sync at all times.
- Sandboxing Protects Against Unknown Threats: An isolated cloud environment contains unknown files that cannot be identified by existing security services. Unknown files are emulated in isolation to determine whether they are malicious or not, providing protection against zero-day attacks of all sorts.
- Multi-Layered Protection: Guards against threats with multiple vectors through a comprehensive array of security features including botnet filtering, sandboxing, app patrol, content filtering, reputation filtering, anti-malware, and Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP).
- Reputation Filter: Matches up IP addresses with a real-time cloud database that tracks malicious cyber activities and determines if its address is reputable or not. This improves blocking efficiency and reduces hardware utilization to give administrators additional network resources to quickly and easily address any issues.
- Cloud Query: When an unknown file appears, Cloud Query quickly checks the file ID in Zyxel Security Cloud’s database to check if it is malicious, maximizing network traffic by providing strong malware coverage with minimal network resources.
- Visual Threat Analytics and Reports: A user-friendly dashboard gives visual traffic summary and threat statistics. The SecuReporter suite of analysis and reporting tools includes network security threats identification/analysis, security services, security events, application usage, website usage, and traffic usage. Botnet filter analytics/reports and IP Reputation analytics provide valuable insight into identified and potential threats.
“As cyber attacks continue to grow more persistent and with increasing complexity across multiple vectors and stages, businesses of all sizes are more vulnerable to attacks than ever before, opening them up to the risk of losing critical data, disruptions to operations and potentially crippling legal issues,” explained Tri Nguyen, Market Development Manager at Zyxel. “The ATP100 delivers advanced threat protection at an affordable price point to provide small businesses with an intelligent firewall solution to protect their company from the ever-evolving threat of cyberattacks.”
The Zyxel ZyWALL series of Advanced Threat Protection Firewalls for small and medium businesses includes:
Available for all ATP firewalls and gateways, Zyxel’s new firmware, ZLD4.35, will add two-factor admin authentication, AP Controller 3.40, Microsoft Azure integration, and more than 20 enhancements for security and usability to provide all ATP firewalls with the latest improvements in protection, functionality and user experience.
For more information about the Zyxel Advanced Threat Protection Firewall Series and its broad portfolio of connectivity solutions, visit www.zyxel.com/us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Zyxel, a pioneer in IP technology for over two decades and trusted brand for over 30 years, provides a complete portfolio of multi-service LTE, fiber and DSL broadband gateways, home connectivity solutions, smart home devices and enterprise-class Ethernet switches, security and Wi-Fi equipment for small to mid-size businesses. Zyxel offers integrated, interoperable network solutions based on open standards. Headquartered in Anaheim, California, Zyxel offers its partners service-rich solutions backed by a domestic team of logistic, sales, and technical support professionals.