What: Joyce Maroney, executive director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated, welcomes Dr. Martin Armstrong, vice president of payroll shared services at Charter Communications, to discuss his chapter in the most recent Workforce Institute book, “Being Present: A Practical Guide for Transforming the Employee Experience of Your Frontline Workforce.” Armstrong’s chapter, “What Frontline Leadership Needs Now,” explores the critical importance of investing in the development of frontline managers.
Topics discussed on the podcast include:
- Identifying the key behaviors and skillsets frontline managers need to be successful;
- The importance of empowering frontline managers with the necessary tools to enable strategic thinking, effective communication, and strong execution of tasks; and
- Proven research and practical insight on how decision-making techniques and change management training can help frontline managers be successful in their roles.
When: Available now.
Why: The Workforce Institute provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforces effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute’s research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit www.workforceinstitute.org.
- Read the announcement of Dr. Chris Mullen as executive director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos, succeeding retiring Founder Joyce Maroney on July 1, 2020, as well as a retrospective of the think tank’s research since 2007.
- Listen to other episodes of The Workforce Institute Radio Podcast and subscribe to the Apple Podcast channel.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- For practical guidance supporting employee well-being and workforce productivity, visit the Managing Through Times of Uncertainty resource center.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Kronos merged with Ultimate Software on April 1, 2020, to create one of the world’s most innovative HCM and workforce management companies. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
About Ultimate Software
Ultimate Software is a leading global provider of cloud human capital management (HCM) and employee experience solutions, with more than 51 million people records in the cloud. Ultimate’s award-winning UltiPro delivers HR, payroll, talent, and time and labor management, as well as HR service delivery solutions. Founded in 1990, Ultimate is headquartered in Weston, Florida, and employs more than 6,000 professionals. To learn more, visit www.ultimatesoftware.com. Ultimate Software: People First.
© 2020 Kronos Incorporated and Ultimate Software. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. UltiPro is a registered trademark of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.